PS3 1080i Issues!!!

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Be warned before you sit in line for your PS3 all night and day! According to many reports if you t.v. does not natively support 720P but supports 1080i the PS3 will not upscale to 1080i it is downgrading all signals to 480P so there is no h-def gaming there. No reports yet of whether this can be fixed with software upgrade and no comments from sony.

:pop:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=3059149

There are other places that this can be found but I can't get to the sites from work.

GodStang

Established Member
They are also having other problems. I will still buy one in a year or so once everything is fixed

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Sony should have used forged internals and higher lift cams. Everyone knows that. It's really going to hurt their sales. Jackasses.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Yeah Im on my 5th PS2 due to 'quality' issues... I STILL would kill my boss to have a PS3 though... Call me crazy...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just so long as it supports 1080i all is well for me :)

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
nothingelse said:
Be warned before you sit in line for your PS3 all night and day! According to many reports if you t.v. does not natively support 720P but supports 1080i the PS3 will not upscale to 1080i it is downgrading all signals to 480P so there is no h-def gaming there. No reports yet of whether this can be fixed with software upgrade and no comments from sony.

There are other places that this can be found but I can't get to the sites from work.
youre ummmmmm a little late with taht bud lol.

i cant wait to start hearing people bitch about how they stuff sucks and doesnt work right. ill gladly wait a year or more to get a fully working one that is cheaper

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
1999WhiteSVT said:
youre ummmmmm a little late with taht bud lol.

i cant wait to start hearing people bitch about how they stuff sucks and doesnt work right. ill gladly wait a year or more to get a fully working one that is cheaper

What was it already posted in the Ginoromous PS3 Thread? :shrug:

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
That's what i've been trying to telling these stupid kids waiting in line for the ps3 who are coming up to me asking me which TV they need to be. Im like ::couch:: Sony XBR3 46" 1080P Biatch! :coolman:
nothingelse said:

Dusten

Established Member
Talus said:
Sony should have used forged internals and higher lift cams. Everyone knows that. It's really going to hurt their sales. Jackasses.
I agree, i believe sales would be 15-20% of what they are, had they not skimped there. Everyone knows the better gamine expierence comes from at least .620" of lift and forged h-beam rods.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
nothingelse said:
What was it already posted in the Ginoromous PS3 Thread? :shrug:
it might have been, i dont know.
what i meant was it said "Be warned before you sit in line for your PS3 all night and day!" You posted it today and they came out at midnight today. just kinda funny in my head.

:beer:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Ya, that is what I was thinking earlier today.

Why the hell are you going to buy a system the first day it comes out, yet the first couple months? You are going to end up with a machine that doesn't even work right. Then you have to go through all of the bullshit to get it replaced. People amaze me sometimes. The whole PS3 has been irritating me. I am glad I won't have to hear about it anymore.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
1999WhiteSVT said:
it might have been, i dont know.
what i meant was it said "Be warned before you sit in line for your PS3 all night and day!" You posted it today and they came out at midnight today. just kinda funny in my head.

:beer:

Yeah i kind of forgot that they came out this morning for some reason i was thinking they would not be released until tonight at 12:00. It was more for the problems with HD cause most people don't have new HD T.V. and they do have older ones that are HD but only do 1080I, 480i, 480p. And if so they shouldn't expect HD gaming from the PS3 right now cause all they will get is 480p. Unless of course they wanna buy a brand new Native 1080P HDTV. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread