PS pump help ASAP

Dirk

Established Member
I do have a problem with my power steering pump and it would be great if someone could help.
I do have a leak directly at the pump, actually it's the pressure hose which connects to the pump.

That tube or hose sits pretty loose, so I guess it's broken somehow in the input shaft of the pump.
I cant tighten it anymore and I guess if I remove it it'll fall apart.

What I need is just the lower part of the hose.
I know that you can't buy just the lower part, it's a complete hose with the fittings on both ends, but that hose is pretty long and shipping to Germany would be expensive.
So all I want is the side of the hose which will be connected to the pump.
I'll get that part welded to my stock hose.

Can anyone help?
Is there a chance to get a shorter hose form another car?
Would anyone sell his hose because he deleted the pump?

I can't drive my car as it is right now and that sucks.

Dirk

Established Member
I took the hose of and everything looks just fine, I just couldn't see a seal ring.
Is it possible they they missed a seal ring when they installed my new engine?

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
The hose fits loose (almost looks like it could fall out). There is a small white Teflon O-ring that seals the hose end. Get one from the auto parts store as Ford only sells it with the hose.

SC457A

Established Member
Ford uses a white teflon o-ring on the hose's nut in the "land" by the flats where the wrench does its thing. Is the fluid coming out inside the fitting? if so, get a new hose assy. If it is coming outside of the fitting, try a new o-ring.

The hoses do move some inside the fittings. Ford uses a "quick connect" fitting for assembly at the plant. I have never been able to unhook one with out destroying the hose, and I have been doing front end work at a dealer for 14 years.

Sounds like you need a new pressure hose to me.

Users who are viewing this thread