PRP tuning

Regulars520

Established Member
So I have my PRP software and dongle and base tune from LaSota racing. Now after browsing the software and Dons tune, I have found I have some learning to do. I think my biggest question is the values, each section has different values to enter and I am curious where to find what value numbers do what? How do you know what value to enter? I know this will be based off of datalogging, etc.. But thats not really the question, its where do the value numbers come from? So if anybody out there has time to school me alittle it would be much appreciated. I am a pretty quick learner so a point in the right direction should do the trick.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I jumped into the world of self tuning last year and it was the best thing I ever did. Successfully tuned my turbo cobra to over 600 rwhp.

That being said, your question is way beyond the scope of what anyone here is probably gonna be willing to write. You need to get the lasota book, and study it. Read it 10 times before your even try to tune your car. I promise you will get the hang of it, but honestly, if you're new to it, you're never gonna just figured it out. There's a lot to it, and the lasota book covers just about all of it. Also, register for the sct prp forum. There's a wealth of information there. Good luck!

Regulars520

Established Member
I jumped into the world of self tuning last year and it was the best thing I ever did. Successfully tuned my turbo cobra to over 600 rwhp.

That being said, your question is way beyond the scope of what anyone here is probably gonna be willing to write. You need to get the lasota book, and study it. Read it 10 times before your even try to tune your car. I promise you will get the hang of it, but honestly, if you're new to it, you're never gonna just figured it out. There's a lot to it, and the lasota book covers just about all of it. Also, register for the sct prp forum. There's a wealth of information there. Good luck!

Ive been looking for the sct prp forum and cant find it, do you have a link to it? I have the lasota book, been reading through it so hopefully Ill grab some good knowledge from it.

CJK440

Established Member
Ditto on getting Don's book. Its a must in order to try to wrap your head around what you need to do.

chipss36

I am in the same boat, Still reading up on tuning, while working on the head porting and other stuff as money/time allows.
I will add, I got the, base tune, book, cd rom, as well as the software from Don, all for about what one tune runs around here....sweet deal. anyway
After reading the book the first time around,The cd rom fills in many of the question's I had and is highly recommended, the amount of information is overwhelming, yet remember, in the end its just air/fuel and spark just like its always been, getting there is a bit more complex.

In a nut shell, "some" numbers will come from data logs, some from value files, and others from trial and error, so it depends.
I do have some experience on Harleys both FI, and carbs, and have learned, no one is going to dial in your tune like YOU, and even more so over time.

Users who are viewing this thread