Proud to have lost

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Late tonight i was gabbing with my sister on the phone. When i noticed someone was tailgating me. So i boosted it a little to get out of its way. I get over and my girl says i think he wants to race you, I look over it was a late 90s white GT as i thought , very loud But i was up for it.
He just stared stright ahead gunning it so throw it in 3rd And i kid you not it startled me it was so loud and easily pulled a car on me from 50 to 100. Well Shit he slows down and i asked Is it S/C ? He says no, well i felt really shitty now. What do you have in it And he points to where the GT symbol use to be. A new symbol that reads 347 sits there all nice and pretty. 3 more runs beat me every time But i was very impressed I don't post my defeats But i have to give this man his dues.

:beer:

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Its was a 94 + body style sounded like it should of been pulled off of a trailer. Sad part is there was 3 other cars A newer trans am and a thunderbird that reved at me after i was owned 4 times as i was getting off the freeway. But NOOO that white mustang had to keep picking on me.

the only thing that kept me even close to him was He must of had 410s or 430s he was shifting alot and i would gain a few feet between his shifts. He needs a 6speed I was so pissed i had just put my V camera in the trunk i couldnt get my girl to get it I dont blame her she loves to race but she was holding on.

tigerwoods

Established Member
go back and find him and put it in 2nd gear, you would have stopped his pull. i wouldnt feel bad at all, he put that kind of work and time in and still only took you by a car. at 50 mph there is still plenty left in 2nd, and out cars love that gear.

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I questioned myself later about that 2nd gear Havnt been in to many good races where i even had to downshift. It was great Going out tonight camera rdy to stir up some $hit.

I didnt want to bust his bubble and tell him it was stock pretty much. Anyone can buy a fast car But you put time and sweet into building one There is a certain sence of pride in it And im sure there is a post some where he is bragging. But i know this waiting for 36k miles growing thin.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good loss to the 347, it happens you know. A catback and a reflash would help your low & midrange quite a bit. I know it did mine with some decent tires. I had a pesky 92 with a windsor in it so I got the 2.9 now. Let's just say he doesn't talk stuff anymore.

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
Good loss to the 347, it happens you know. A catback and a reflash would help your low & midrange quite a bit. I know it did mine with some decent tires. I had a pesky 92 with a windsor in it so I got the 2.9 now. Let's just say he doesn't talk stuff anymore.

Its so tempting I dont want that to happen again I want 450+ to the ground.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTlover
Its so tempting I dont want that to happen again I want 450+ to the ground.

A 2.80 pulley and Predator will put you up there then say bye-bye to the 347. All for under $1000.

suprafied69

Established Member
Time for some more mods dude exhaust, l/t headers, tb, and a smaller pulley and chip to start off. Sounds like your car is pretty fast if all you have is k&n and you only lost by a car congrats. youll get him nest time

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
nice death... nothing to be ashamed about. I always worry about those 5.0s, even if they are the 94/95 body style.. Just never know what they have under the hood. You'll get him eventually :)

prdtr15

Established Member
watch out for us 5.0 gt's, even us with the 94-95, everyone has there secrets, i dont have any yet, but thats ok, nice death

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I agree she is a good girl But cant race I had a
mach1 come up on me and she was driving. Itold her to drop it into 3rd and punch it Well I guess punching it means 1/2 gas peddle to her But O well I still keep her.

Users who are viewing this thread