Proud new 03' Cobra owner

ShaneHayes

Established Member
So I picked up my 10th Anniv. Cobra last week, and I love it. I'm still learning about the car. It's a lot different from my 05' Subaru STi that I sold to get the Cobra. I'm a little dissapointed with the thump issue, and the clunk as well. I am taking it to Modular Powerhouse to have the thump issue looked at. Perhaps a dif. bushing problem, etc. Not dissapointed on the power though. Car dynoed at 451whp/472wtq. I just wanted to say whats up, and looking forward to meeting some of the local Atlanta mustang owners. See you guys around!:rockon:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Congratulations! I am a very big fan of the Anniversary Edition. I get alot of compliments on my interior. Great numbers by the way.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Mine was tuned there too!!

Post pics/mods ASAP.. Where in Atlanta are you?? I am in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody

Last edited:

MustangThief

Established Member
Welcome to a plethora of knowledge about mustangs.

Enjoy your newfound power.

And my car could clunk,thunk,plunk, and be a piece of junk, and I'd still rather have the necksnapping experience the cobra gives :rockon:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
So I picked up my 10th Anniv. Cobra last week, and I love it. I'm still learning about the car. It's a lot different from my 05' Subaru STi that I sold to get the Cobra. I'm a little dissapointed with the thump issue, and the clunk as well. I am taking it to Modular Powerhouse to have the thump issue looked at. Perhaps a dif. bushing problem, etc. Not dissapointed on the power though. Car dynoed at 451whp/472wtq. I just wanted to say whats up, and looking forward to meeting some of the local Atlanta mustang owners. See you guys around!:rockon:

Some of it is the t56 tranny, its just the way it is. I noticed the same things when I went from my Subaru to this car. A lot of the noises can be fixed with diff bushings and swapping the front IRS bolts..

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Some of it is the t56 tranny, its just the way it is. I noticed the same things when I went from my Subaru to this car. A lot of the noises can be fixed with diff bushings and swapping the front IRS bolts..

what do you mean, swapping front irs bolts :shrug:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
The front bolts that mount the IRS subframe to the car are 12MM. The hole size is 14MM. The subframe can shift around a bit and cause noises.

You can get the 14MM bolts as replacements.

ShaneHayes

Established Member

Hey guys...thanks for the warm welcome! I am truly excited about this car. The car has a few mods...Steeda 2.8 pulley, Accufab wide oval TB, Sct software, CAI, and Bassani cat. conv., Borla Stinger catback. Thanks again for having me on the site!

Oh BTW...that was his license plate. Mine is going to be "SEYAH." It was on my STi, and will now be on the Cobra. It's my last name spelt backwards.;)

Last edited:

ShaneHayes

Established Member
Mine was tuned there too!!

Post pics/mods ASAP.. Where in Atlanta are you?? I am in Sandy Springs/Dunwoody

Bro..I'm not too far...down in Henry Co...Stockbridge. Min's from Summit Racing!:banana: Do you have meets??? I am looking forward to meeting some of the ATL guys.

Users who are viewing this thread