Prototype 2005 Saleen S-281.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Am I the only one who has noticed the bizarre and unavoidable similarities between these two cars?
Saleen1027-6.jpg

30370_1_full.jpg

Saleen1027-5.jpg

30370_2_full.jpg

Call me crazy, but while I was going to class yesterday I saw a Z-34 Lumina and was reminded of just how similar the two cars are. I honestly find it strange beyond words that they almost follow the same body lines, but ya'll tell me what you think.
28381_39_full.jpg

saleen5.jpg

28381_44_full.jpg

Saleen1027-7.jpg

28381_58_full.jpg

saleen6.jpg

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
How about the factory wheels on the red car, the out of place spoiler on both cars, the Front aero kit, the hood, the general lines of the car....see them both in person and you will see the similarites.

One thing I can say is that you guys will definately give the ole Lumina a second look.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Yeah, I see it. They are both very similar indeed. They both have 4 wheels and tires. Good observation.

jrbosking

Jr Drag King
Established Member
"You must have eaten, like, a hundred bucks worth of pot, and, like, 30 bucks worth of shrooms man. " -super troopers-

Cal

Established Member
Your comparing a 400hp Saleen to a lumina? The only thing simular are the hood vents. The wheels arent alike, the wheel wells on the chevy are more squared off, the wing is alot bigger (and more functional) on the Saleen, the lights are different, the front bumper cover is different, the roofline is different, and the grill is different. Those are pretty much the most important aspecs in the particular look of a car.

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
ha ha this is funny!! THe vents in the hood is all is see thats even close to being similar. And buddy go get your eyes checked out, you may need glasses or better yet surgery.

cobrapoison

Established Member
You need to keep head in the books. Obviously, when your eyes are transmitting images to your brain they are getting misconstrued and deformed causing stupidity to shine through. I hope what ever it is that you are studying it will have no effect on the world.

TheOtherGFsvt03

I can see where you think they look similar, by the vents, but even I know they look nothing alike, and honestly how much do I know about cars. Please. Is that your Lumina? if it is.... who are you trying to kid? That saleen is hot though

Users who are viewing this thread