Prostar Skinnies Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIXER

Banned
What size/ backspacing Prostars do I need to clear our front brakes?
I have been told by 2 people I need to switch to GT brakes to get them to fit :shrug:

That doesn't seem right to me.

Or do I need some type of spacers?
Longer Lugs?

I have the rears (15x10-6.5bs) Lugs should be in this week and then I will make sure they fit (look like they should)

And the mickey thompsons are dead on the Prostars I have now (came with the wheels, and the wheels were free so :beer:)

What will fit well and clear everything (eighbach lowering springs) vert?

Im new to the whole slick dimensions thing.

This setup will be JUST for the track and MAYBE some matches on the street.
But primarely strip.

Thanks guys

Helomech74

Established Member
I can't give any info on the backspace, but I have a 1 inch spacer I use with my front skinnies (Billet Specialties). All the Cobra guys I know use the spacer instead of swapping to the GT brakes.

allgo90

Established Member
interested in this as well. im order my front prostars soon and would like to keep my cobra brakes.

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
to use the Cobra brakes I was running a 1in spacer. But the wheel stuck out to far and looked goofy. But a foxbody control arm swap fixes that.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
to use the Cobra brakes I was running a 1in spacer. But the wheel stuck out to far and looked goofy. But a foxbody control arm swap fixes that.

i have fox body tubular arms on my car and the skinnies fit great with a 1" spacer....

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
so they looked dumb as hell or didn't work?

they just stick out and if that bothers you then yeah, it would look dumb. but the wheels will drive and everything just fine, they will just stick out because of the spacer. That is why with teh shorter a-arm they look just fine, but then when you go to stoc wheels they will sit in further. and i couldn't put my Saleens back on my car without a spacer with the fox body a-arms because they would hit my coilovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread