Prosport Boost gauge wiring issues

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
Ok, I just got my Prosport Electrical Boost gauge and the wiring is a bit of a confusion.

From Gauge:
Red- 12v accessory Power
(also run to sender)
Black- Ground
White- 12v accessory Power
Green- Boost sender
(connect to white wire from sender)
Orange-Headlight Switch (12v switch power)

Boost Sender:
Red- 12v Accessory Power
White- green wire from gauge
Black-Ground

Now I have both red wires connected to a "Add a Fuse" and placed in #2 fuse "Engine Control". I have Orange wire connected to "headlight Low beam". Then I have White wire from gauge connected to a "Add a fuse" in #27 "radio".

Don't know what needs to be switched, but there has to be something. Due to I have no active gauge at all.
Anyone with experience with this brand of gauge, your help would be greatly appreciated. Car is apart right now and I am just hoping to get it together tonight.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The radio should be a strong enough circuit to handle the current. That's what I used to power my wideband. What is the current rating for the fuse in engine control? That may not be enough current. I would change your light power to the parking lamp wire. Otherwise your gauge will only light up when the low beams are on.

Really dumb, but I have to ask, you are turning the key on to check the gauge right?

XXWildCoyoteXX

Established Member
The radio should be a strong enough circuit to handle the current. That's what I used to power my wideband. What is the current rating for the fuse in engine control? That may not be enough current. I would change your light power to the parking lamp wire. Otherwise your gauge will only light up when the low beams are on.

Really dumb, but I have to ask, you are turning the key on to check the gauge right?

yea I do turn the ignition on and off to see if it comes on and off. Good idea on the parking lamp fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread