PROS/CONS with your GT500? Any regrets

CashMoneyKC

Established Member
Wanted you guys to give me some feedback on your cars. Since we all spend alot of $$$ on our cars I just want to make sure that this is the best choice for me and Im not missing something.

I drove a 2012 svt and non svt but only for about 5 miles each and was not able to WOT so I need more insight about your ownership......I did fall in love with the car because it brought back memories when 1st drove my S-281 SC I bought new back in 2001 .....and that was way slower but then it was the hot thing to have and plenty fast. I dont think I will be able to afford a 2013 with the ADM because we all know they will charge and the car will probably start at least 55k....so thats out for me plus want them to get through the problems... :??:

So I need to know what makes you guys love yours and what you dont care for?

It would be a big help and appreciated !!!! :rockon:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Pro's Very easy to make fast, handles great , stops great, rides nice and the mpg's are pretty go.

Con's 1-2 shift grind but I have learned to adjust to it, hard not to spend money on the car!!!

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Dealers in my area are taking deposits for a 2013 at sticker. So you might be able to pick one up for sticker or less.

You might think about this. What are you gonna pay for a 13? Say you buy a 12 then drop another 4-6k in mods to make it faster or as fast as a 13. Where do the numbers add up then? Not to mention all the new gadgets the 13' is getting that the 12' doesn't have.

If not its gonna just drive down the prices on the 2012. They are a great platform to start with and easy to modify.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Established Member
The cars a pig almost 4000lbs and is sloppy in the ass with the panhard bar, but it has a back seat which is a plus. Throw on a TVS or a whipple and the piggy gets wings, add a FAYS Watts link and it comes down to a pretty decent ride.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Keep in mind with a pulley and a tune it is as fast or faster then a stock 2013 will be plus have more low end.

Dealers in my area are taking deposits for a 2013 at sticker. So you might be able to pick one up for sticker or less.

You might think about this. What are you gonna pay for a 13? Say you buy a 12 then drop another 4-6k in mods to make it faster or as fast as a 13. Where do the numbers add up then? Not to mention all the new gadgets the 13' is getting that the 12' doesn't have.

If not its gonna just drive down the prices on the 2012. They are a great platform to start with and easy to modify.

sedanman

Established Member
Pros: good power and easy to get more, good looks, good brakes and has a back seat
Cons: heavy, sloppy handling because of weight and iffy clutch/trans issues.

johnjon87

Established Member
I love everything about the car! I think the one thing I'm starting to regret is making it impossible to drive as a daily! I miss those days when I could drive the car every day rain or shine, warm or cold. But on the other hand it makes the car just that much more fun to drive when I can drive it!

jenkins_1120

Established Member
pro- sound platform for any mods
con- platform needs those mods

regrets- zero

+1 on this. i worked really hard and did alot of research to finally find the one i wanted. i was looking at vettes and some different cars but the shelby just seemed right for me.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
My only regret is dd'ing it. Find myself throwing beater funds at her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowbra99

Established Member
Mustang GT500 car review - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube Top Gear point of view although its not complete garbage like they say it is but you can see the cons in the video....

My pros/cons list:
Comfortable seats
Little to zero effort merging on highway
500hp but really tame while cruising
able to have a conversation while driving without it being too obnoxious
really high fun factor
quick to top speed and wish it kept going to higher top speed
Supercharger whine could be little bit louder stock but adding CAI changes that though
2 shift lights 1 for economy and 1 you can set to whatever you want (great for track)
Brakes good for a 2 ton car
Attention getter if you haven't already heard
Functioning "heat extractor" hood from the factory
Rather tempting to do burnouts all day

if you're too lazy to watch it here's quick summary of it:
Could be Pro or Con - Almost 500hp (according to their rolling chassis dyno)
0-60 less than 5 secs (not bad for 2ton car)
0-100 10 secs although its closer to 9.5
Good for Straight Line acceleration not so great at turning while under acceleration
Always wants to leave creases in the road

Users who are viewing this thread