Pros an cons 97 cobra cams or 03 cobra cams

allblk97

Established Member
I dont know what the best cams would be best to use. I have both sets of 97 cobra cams and my stock 04 cobra cams. Building a teksid block with Manley pistons and rods 11cc dished pistons,ported blower,acufab single blade throttle body,4lb lower,2.70 upper, also thinking about spraying a 100 shot dry w/plate system stock fuel system ( gonna get 60lb injectors)

Last edited:

JTBtheWelder

Established Member
The 96-98 cobra cams are suppose to be a little better. I tried getting a set for mine last winter but couldn't find any in good shape.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
its been talked about here plenty. Pretty much for the time and effort required to install and then tune to pick up maybe 20 hp you would be better off saving up for comp cams or even a custom grind. but if the cams feel into your lap, you did all work yourself and got a discount for jerking your tuner off go ahead and pick up a set.....

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
DEFINITLY worth going sn95 cams if the motor is already apart
keeping the stock 03/04 cams are stupid IMO

65fastback2+2

Established Member
my driver head has valve issues so since its coming off, i acquired 98 cobra cams to go in mine while its apart

allblk97

Established Member
No the engine is out of the car. So that's the only reason I would be doing this. Other than that there is no way I would do all this work if it was still in the car. I am doing all the work and the build me and a buddy and tuning so all those bases are covered. I picked up a set of 98 cams for $100 so I figured I would give them a try.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Get-er-done and enjoy. I'll wait until I do a motor and head work before I consider cams

Users who are viewing this thread