Props to svt4stv! A true L brother

BlueOvalBoy!

Established Member
After all the BS that has gone on lately, I thought that I would relay a story with a happy ending.

svt4stv needed to install some time serts in his truck because he kept blowing plugs. I went ahead and contacted him, telling him that I had a big sert kit he could use. All he had to do was locate the inserts (which is another story all together). I overnighted it to him a couple of weeks ago so he could get started right away. He ran into some issues, but was finally victorious in his fight to install the inserts. He sent the kit back this week and covered the postage that I paid to send it to him (that was my only condition on the use of the kit). The parts in the kit were cleaner when I got it back than when I sent it, very impressive.

I'm not trying to blow my own horn for what I did (although it certainly looks that way). I just wanted to let people know that not everyone is a crook and /or untrustworthy.

Peace,
B

DexwarL

Established Member
Good I was getting scared, thought another person had gotten ripped off.
Way to shine some light on the people who can be trusted.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Truly though, I'm happy to read this.

I like the L community so far, and I've not seen a tighter knit of enthusiast groups as far as people wanting to help each other out yet.

Thats why it pisses me off so much when someone does someone else wrong within this realm. Because there are so many good people here.

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Nice.

Chris Nelson swapped my intercooler out on his day off and made his GF leave the house. Not to mention he installed a oil seperator as well. And he wouldn't take any kind of money. Beat that. :rockon: :beer:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I wish cowman and vnumus from socalloc were over here :D

Dave (Cowman w/ Dragin L) changed my oil when we first met, just to see my truck :D

Then he gave me the bad news about my intercooler :*(

Then Dave (Vnumus) helped me install all of that shit from about 7pm til 4am drinkin beer and hangin out, after doing the same thing to his truck earlier that day.

Stan hasn't done a ****ing thing for me though, he's not in the cool club :D

(lol jp, glad he lives somewhere now where I can meet him up and drink his ass under the table like it aught to be!)

00SVTStrike

Established Member
Glad to hear it. Like fade said, Im sure its how most of this community is, and thats awsome. Im new here, and so far I have had a good buying experience from a member already. This site rocks. :rockon:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thats good stuff, and like fade said that is the norm and not the exception.. the last situation with lightningclint turned out to be quite a different situation than a lot of people thought based on one side of the story. it did start off as drama, but turned out that clint had some bad luck with personal things, and not that he was trying to rip someone off.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Nice.

Chris Nelson swapped my intercooler out on his day off and made his GF leave the house. Not to mention he installed a oil seperator as well. And he wouldn't take any kind of money. Beat that. :rockon: :beer:

I got that bet covered!

I first posted this back in '04 (actually had to go search for it to cut and paste it), so keep that in mind as you read how one L owner helped me out over the course of 20+ hours and two days of wrenching:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"After purchasing my ’99 L back in August, I’ve accumulate quite a few mods and upgrades for it. I have a buddy locally who’s helped me with my exhaust (Bassani mids and cat-back) but his wife just had a baby and he’s been too busy to help me out. Since I have a torn up back with two shot knees, I can’t really do much wrenching anymore.

Thank God for the Lightning community. I befriended I’D WIN (Martin) and he kept telling me to bring my L down to him (he lives 3hrs south of me) and he’d take care of everything.

Martin didn’t just offer once, he kept offering until I felt good enough about the situation that I wasn’t taking advantage of his offer to help.

So this past Friday, I loaded up the truck, kissed the wife and kids adios, and headed south on 101: Destination Vandenberg AFB.

First lemme say, while Martin may be 26, that son-of-a-gun could easily be used as an undercover agent in high school. He looked so damn young I swear I have a couple gray hairs older than him! But he sure knows his wrenching.

And he’s damn good too!

His garage is a home mechanics dream come true. Tools, tools, and more tools. Air compressor with drop lights and power cords all neatly placed in their specific area. I swear he’s a closet engineer he’s so meticulous and careful!

Well, he got started and the first thing he did was replace my tired, old ’99 OEM shocks with some ’03 used Bilsteins, and I think he did it in record time. The front left shock actually broke off while he was working the nut off. I thought he’d have problems with the left rear (after reading some threads) but he didn’t even blink. No problems, no special tools, and no unbolting the bed.

Next, out came the factory fan and shroud. With those out of the way, the lower pulley was removed. A new accessory belt was swapped for the old belt, and the stock idler pulley’s were removed and cleaned. Martin then bolted on my new quick change, 4lb. lower pulley and installed an electric fan, replacing the stock setup. It was now 2am and we called it quits for the first day.

The next day started a bit later than anticipated due to unforeseen circumstances. We were going to use a lift to facilitate draining the tranny and flushing my radiator, but the place where the lifts were located was closed. So after grabbing a late breakfast, we headed back to his place and started wrenching again.

We drained the radiator and started flushing the system because somehow, over the life of the truck (before I owned it) a yellow layer had formed on the top of the coolant stored in the overflow tanks of the radiator and the intercooler.

That yellow crap was slimy and it took 3hrs just to get most of it flushed out. Uhg-lee.

With that done, and the sensor for the e-fan bolted into the block (done while flushing the rad), Martin started in on the tranny. He drained the fluid, yanked the old pan and filter, bolted on a 4C FTVB (not the more common 2C), and popped on a new filter and 4x4 deep sump pan.

Next we bolted on a JLP CAI box, and then we started working on the plugs. What an adventure that was. Whoever changed the plugs before I bought the truck, never replaced the passenger side plug located all the way in the back. That’s because it didn’t want to come out. For some reason, the socket kept popping off. When Martin finally coaxed it off, that one plug was different from the rest, plus the electrode was worn into a small point.

Once all the plugs were replaced, the e-fan was wired up and we were finished.

Two days and 360 round-trip miles later my truck is running like a champ, all thanks to a friendship with a fellow Lightning owner.

I can’t say enough about Martin. His help was priceless. I still have to figure out a way to show my appreciation.

Thanks again, amigo!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was almost 2 and a half years ago.

:D

Stewart

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
So you barely knew him and you slept with him??? Hey man this is a family site and we dont need to hear that:D
Its good to hear stories like this, makes me feel good to be part of this community

BlueOvalBoy!

Established Member
Like I stated earlier, after what has gone on lately, I thought everyone needed a little inspiration in the fellowship of the L Brotherhood.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
lightninmike said:
So you barely knew him and you slept with him??? Hey man this is a family site and we dont need to hear that:D
Its good to hear stories like this, makes me feel good to be part of this community

LMAO! Sick puppy! :D :loser:

No, he put me up in the base motel.

Stewart

bonestocksvt

Established Member
BlueOvalBoy! said:
Like I stated earlier, after what has gone on lately, I thought everyone needed a little inspiration in the fellowship of the L Brotherhood.
Hey, LightninMike is just busting your balls...

Users who are viewing this thread