Props to Buncombe County Sheriff

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
WELLLLL....Today was my turn to catch a break! :D I was waiting to pickup my youngest son from school so I thought I would tool down this back road between my house and Madison County. So I get on the twisties and I fire the Snake up. I'm blasting down the road at 80-90 miles an hour and for this road that IS cooking. I'm looking back at a stop sign and I see a White Chevy Blazer hauling ass up behind me so I do a moderate take off from the stop sign and start booking down the road again and I notice it looks like the Blazer is TRYING to keep up with me?? I couldn't figure out what he was doing and it was getting close to time to pick up my kid so I pull over on the left at a camp ground and when I look up I see the Blazer with a BLUE LIGHT ON! UH OH! The guy was young and he said "you were kind of getting on it back there weren't you??" I said "well it sounds worse than it really is but yes I was going kinda fast" He said well I'm not running radar but it SEEMED to him that I was going pretty good. He complimented me on my car and asked that I just slow it down some and he let me go! WHAT A COOL GUY! I do think he was surprised how quickly I could pull away and keep up the speed through the twisties!! ;) ;) ;) :D

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by WyteLytning
hey, who was it, did you get his name?

Wyte I knew you would want to know but I didn't get his name and I didn't drop yours! :D ;-) All I know was it was on 251 going from just past Old Leciester Rd out towards Madison. He was in a White Chevy Blazer?? He wasn't in uniform but he had his badge on his belt with gun, mace/pepper spray and cuffs?? :D If you figure out who he is thank him for me again! :D ;-)

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Cool. Glad the officer let it slide. :beer:

I've noticed something. A lot of posts where the cop just gave a warning has the following:

- A respectful driver
- A driver that doesn't give a lame excuse
- A driver that was speeding but did so on a pretty empty stretch of road

Hmmm...seems to be a pattern. Lesson: Be honest, be respectful, and if you're gonna have fun do it on a road where you're not likely to hurt someone else. :)

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
sure it wasn't an Explorer, we have about 8 of them, ususally civil process servers. no blazers in our fleet. thats cool he let ya go...go ahead if you need to, drop my name.....they'll probably arrest you though!! LOL

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
It might have been an explorer but then again it might not have been BCS?? But I would have thought so out on that road? So I'll make sure NOT to drop your name! I don't need any more problems! ;-) ;-) :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread