Proportioning vlave.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
A few months back I was having brake issues and I had no pressure when i applied my brakes . So i changed the master cylinder .When i went to bleed the system I wasnt getting any fluid to the rear brakes so I figured the system had something in it. SO I traced the problem all the way back to the proportioning valve and it was all gunked up.so I opened it up and a oring seal was broken inside. Of course I cant find anyone who sells them. I went to 5 hydralic places and napa and advanced and no body carries oring that can withstand the brake fluid. O and also ford discontinued the propotioning valve a few years back. My question is is an aftermarket propotioning valavem y last resort. and if so which one do i get I dont know to much about them? Thanks guys

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
I called 6 today and none of them had any.I was also told from ford that the propotioning valve from the 96-2001 cobras are the same so im on the look out for that.Thanks anyways.

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
See if you can find an old fashion AC o-ring repair kit. It comes with all kinds of sizes. I think they can hold up to the brake fluid but you can put one in some and see how it holds up.

melectrok

Ford Driver for Life
Established Member
Where is the proportioning valve located on these cars? Do they make a delete or plug kit for these cars. That may help in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread