Property Tax...

CV355

_
Established Member
I got an estimate on my property tax (still running a temp tag). Holy crap- it's almost as much as my house.

What are you guys paying for property taxes on your 13/14 GT500s? It's obviously going to vary state-to-state and county-to-county. Just curious.

Are there any known exemptions for something that gets little use?

NJredfire03

Established Member
Yeah I don't pay property tax on something that's not attached to my property. But I'm in NJ where we get effed on everything else. My property taxes on a 1/4 acre is 9k. If they added cars to property tax I'm starting a revolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KENS96M6

Established Member
I got an estimate on my property tax (still running a temp tag). Holy crap- it's almost as much as my house.

What are you guys paying for property taxes on your 13/14 GT500s? It's obviously going to vary state-to-state and county-to-county. Just curious.

Are there any known exemptions for something that gets little use?

I am around $800+ a year for property taxes and I have a 13. It was higher when new. I wish I knew of a way to lower them. Short of allowing joy rides to everyone I know and then claiming a high milage deduction and that's not going to happen. Good luck.

Last edited:

little-dw

Established Member
SC here too. bought my 2014 brand new in Aug of '14. my 1st year was a little over $900. 2nd year was $850, and this year is $750. not sure why the sudden drop, but I'm ok with that lol

RBB

Established Member
I'm in Northern VA, where taxes are insanely high on everything. I pay about $1,200/yr on a 2011.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Last year I paid $1420 for a cargo trailer, 2015 4Runner, 2016 Durango RT, and my 2014 GT500. WV

CV355

_
Established Member
Oh man, so my estimate was accurate.

All that tax money and my lousy county can't seem to afford to use anything but crusher run to fill in potholes... Must be the 30 people they assign to a single shovel.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
We don't have property tax on vehicles here in MA, but we do pay an "excise tax" every year. I bought a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab and I got hit with a $880 excise tax. Good thing is, it goes down every year as it goes by the "value" on your vehicle.
When I bought my '13 Roush Stage 3 in early 2013, the excise tax was $550 for the first year.

NJredfire03

Established Member
What's up with the taxes?! Do you guys not pay property tax on houses? No state income tax? I've never heard of this. Do you pay a yearly registration for the car as well?

M91196

Established Member
We don't have property tax on vehicles here in MA, but we do pay an "excise tax" every year. I bought a 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab and I got hit with a $880 excise tax. Good thing is, it goes down every year as it goes by the "value" on your vehicle.
When I bought my '13 Roush Stage 3 in early 2013, the excise tax was $550 for the first year.

The excise tax was in addition to the sales tax he paid on the Ram, we get no relief in MA!
Registrations, bogus vehicle inspection, crazy gas tax, state income tax over 5% and property tax anywhere from $12-$24per thousand of home value.
It's no fun in the Northeast.

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
What's up with the taxes?! Do you guys not pay property tax on houses? No state income tax? I've never heard of this. Do you pay a yearly registration for the car as well?

Yeah, we pay all of the above here in VA, and the rates are all extremely high in my county. I'd probably pay half of the PP tax I do now if I moved to a county in the southern part of the state.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Yeah, we pay all of the above here in VA, and the rates are all extremely high in my county. I'd probably pay half of the PP tax I do now if I moved to a county in the southern part of the state.

Henrico county?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
All those places suck.

Indiana pays for plates/registration once a year on a registered vehicle, depreciating each year.

I believe the Shelby was about 500 this year.

Property tax on our "just purchased" 4.2 acre home with 2 outbuildings, valued at 295k, is roughly 1200.

NJredfire03

Established Member
All those places suck.

Indiana pays for plates/registration once a year on a registered vehicle, depreciating each year.

I believe the Shelby was about 500 this year.

Property tax on our "just purchased" 4.2 acre home with 2 outbuildings, valued at 295k, is roughly 1200.

I just puked. I really hate jersey sometimes

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Damn! You guys need to get rid of your politicians.

Here in TX you pay 6% sale tax on any vehicle purchased. After that it is about $75/year to get your annual registration.

No state income tax!

We do pay a pretty good property tax that is $27/thousand of value.

We don't like taxes, but we like our guns!!!!

Tom

NJredfire03

Established Member

Here in TX you pay 6% sale tax on any vehicle purchased. After that it is about $75/year to get your annual registration.

No state income tax!

Tom

Almost moved to Texas. But job wasn't what it was talked up to be. I stated earlier. My property taxes are 9k on a 1/4 acre. And I get destroyed by state and federal weekly.

Hourigan218

Established Member

No state income tax!

Tom

Yup Texas is the place to be, Cars,Guns and All. Just renewed my plates,.Cost me 83.00 plus 7.00 inspection. Good to go for another year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread