Properly breaking in new engine

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Can guys with good know-how on this chime in with advice? I've heard a lot of different things, but am trying to find some degree of consensus.

Car is brand new, but has about 50 miles on it. Is it already worth doing a first oil change if I'm stopping by a dealership to pick it up right now? If so/not, how soon should I do it, and at what point should I switch to synthetic (unless 2010 GT500s are already running synthetic :shrug: )

Thanks for any advice!

Van@RevanRacing

Can guys with good know-how on this chime in with advice? I've heard a lot of different things, but am trying to find some degree of consensus.

Car is brand new, but has about 50 miles on it. Is it already worth doing a first oil change if I'm stopping by a dealership to pick it up right now? If so/not, how soon should I do it, and at what point should I switch to synthetic (unless 2010 GT500s are already running synthetic :shrug: )

Thanks for any advice!

The motor is broken in before it ever leaves Ford. Rings are seated and it is ready to roll. Enjoy!

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
You should pull it out of the dealer and proceed to speed shift through 1-4th gears and repeat and repeat and repeat..until your left leg and right arms are tired. Then and only then will it be broke in properly. Also do not lift the gas when you shit!!

Then when you're done call Revan and Lethal and buy a bunch of go fast parts and really enjoy the power!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
You should pull it out of the dealer and proceed to speed shift through 1-4th gears and repeat and repeat and repeat..until your left leg and right arms are tired. Then and only then will it be broke in properly. Also do not lift the gas when you shit!!

Then when you're done call Revan and Lethal and buy a bunch of go fast parts and really enjoy the power!

:lol:
:beer: :beer:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Take it to the track..

Then give us a call if you want to go faster!!

Congrats on your new ride.

Jared

T.O.Snake

Established Member
:lol: Thanks, dudes. Just sold my 04 cobra for it - looks just like yours, ADub, only silver stripes, not red. Absolutely love the car!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the car comes with synthetic from the factory, right? When should I do that first oil change to get rid of the metal particles and gunk - 200 miles? 500? Also, I've noticed a few threads about different oils/weights to run once "break in" is done - can anyone educate me on what these cars want/need in that regard, along with any other fluid recommendations?

As for the mods, yeah, I know I'll start caving before long :-D Gonna start with easy stuff - tint, hood struts, air filter (probably air raid, and then eventually maybe a full CAI - JLT likely), and MGW shifter. Likely will be looking into one of those C&L/Shelby dual fan heat exchangers too, eventually.

crazyrifle

Established Member
hay

i have a new Aluminium short block from mmr what break in oil i Must use?

i just order Royal Purple Break-in Oil

its ok ?

and how many miles i go on it Before i Switch to synthetic oil ?

Thanks for any advice

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
hay

i have a new Aluminium short block from mmr what break in oil i Must use?

i just order Royal Purple Break-in Oil

its ok ?

and how many miles i go on it Before i Switch to synthetic oil ?

Thanks for any advice
Speak to MMR

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Didn't they suggest what you should run? Call them

We know that dealerships/Ford doesn't always tell us what's really best for these cars ;)

So again, oil advice, including brand/weight, and how soon I should do the first change would be greatly appreciated :)

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Didn't they suggest what you should run? Call them

We know that dealerships/Ford doesn't always tell us what's really best for these cars ;)

So again, oil advice, including brand/weight, and how soon I should do the first change would be greatly appreciated :)
He as not commenting to you, but the poster with the MMR motor

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
So again, oil advice, including brand/weight

Oh no!
nuclear%20explosions%204804.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread