Proper way to tie Cobra down on Dyno?

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Going to a dyno day today. I've had it on a dyno 3 times, the last time at Amazon so I didn't pay any attention to how Rick hooked it down since I know he's done piles of them.

The other place I went the first two times had no clue and last time every time they torqued the engine the tailpipes would hit.

I don't want to have that happen today, and a new Terminator owner is coming along too who just got his car so how do you guys strap yours down so a) car doesn't get away and b) nothing gets damaged when running it?

Thanks.

supraman1990

Established Member
i would not let them dyno my car if they cant strap the bitch down right...

that's my opinion. but do as you wish
Agreed. It's a pretty simple process however. I have a friend with a Dynojet and I strapped my own car down. Fronts go on the lower control arms across from the strap and rear also goes on the lower control arms if I remember how I did it correctly.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
That's what I'm thinking. On the rear thru the control arms between shock and the subframe

The main thing is there are no Cobras around here so it's not like everyone is all that familiar with them. A stick axle GT I'm sure anyone with a dyno has strapped down before but I'm the only one with IRS within a couple hundred miles besides the guy that just got one a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
There is more than one right answer. It's more of a choice and preference.

Hey need to cross in the rear like an "X" on the suspension and in the front either cross them to suspension or strap them to the wheels.

I posted a video of my car so look at it for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread