proper bfg drag radial burnout

randy

Established Member
could someone help me here with procedure??...first time with drag radials af LACR..

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Here's what I do, it's a little hard but once you get it right easy to replicate.

1. take the car around the water box, you don't want to drag water into the lane

2. back up to the edge of the water box, you don't really need much water but you'll need the room

3. T/C OFF!!

4. put the car in 1st, some people use 2nd but it'll bog in 2nd at LACR

5. take the engine up to 5000rpm, hold, then dump the clutch

6. here's the tricky part; as soon as you take your left foot off the clutch slam and hold the brake pedal. Too slow and you'll already be into the lane and out of room. If done right your front brakes will lock but the rear will release. Keep the RPMs up and the tires should start to cook. The car may travel sideways on you so anticipate it and counter steer. Let the tires cook for 5-10 sec then release the brake but keep the rpms up until they bite, be careful not to overshoot the lights.

7. Give the car on last "jump" to clean any debris left on the tires

Most important!!! Keep your tires at 18lbs COLD. Check before a run after a cool down. Anything below this and you run the risk of rolling the tire off the rim. 20lbs and above (on BFGs) defeats the purpose of the tires. Hope this helps

cobra racing

Established Member
Actually drag radials are designed to just need a scuffing not a cooking, they don't work any better if you boil them, they hook better just scuffing or a 1 second burn out.
I have tested many of the drag radials and numerous slicks over the years.
Yes 18 - 20 lbs is about right

Users who are viewing this thread