Projector retrofit after action report

spdfrkaby

Established Member
- Eagle Eye factory replacements off eBay ($84) - only light that had good reviews and bi-directional adjustment (a must, I had to adjust mine horizontally quite a bit). Super easy to pull apart after 20 min @ 240 degrees.

Thanks for this tip. I did not know of any horizontal adjustment headlights. I'm about to do this as well but I went with NHK G5R projectors. These have smaller step than other retrofits. I have FXR's in my Ram and the step up on those are pretty drastic.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Thanks for this tip. I did not know of any horizontal adjustment headlights. I'm about to do this as well but I went with NHK G5R projectors. These have smaller step than other retrofits. I have FXR's in my Ram and the step up on those are pretty drastic.

I think you would be much happier with those projectors assuming the fitment won’t give you any complications. With the MH1 in danger close to the plastic trim piece inside the headlight. So long as they are set back enough you should have a really good product. Please post pics - love to see what they end up looking like!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

spdfrkaby

Established Member
I think you would be much happier with those projectors assuming the fitment won’t give you any complications. With the MH1 in danger close to the plastic trim piece inside the headlight. So long as they are set back enough you should have a really good product. Please post pics - love to see what they end up looking like!

Will do. I just ordered the Eagle Eyes housings yesterday. I have everything else, just waiting on the time to do it. I probably won't be able to get around to it until mid April.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Will do. I just ordered the Eagle Eyes housings yesterday. I have everything else, just waiting on the time to do it. I probably won't be able to get around to it until mid April.
Where ya'll finding EE's for $90? They are $130 > $175 on eBay.

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
Nice job! I’ve wanted to do this on my car but got lazy and threw in some ultra stars. Eventually I’ll probably just pay someone to do this just because of time lol

Users who are viewing this thread