Projector Headlight for Bi-Xenon 9007 bulb

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Does anyone make a projector headlight housing that will accept the single bi-xenon bulb from the HIDGuy kit or similar. I like the Depo Chrome projectors but that is a dual Low beam only and takes the 9005-06 bulbs I believe which I don't think will fit. If the 9007 would fit in the Projector side of the housing I guess I could just setup some DRL's for the vacant side. Thanks

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
Does anyone make a projector headlight housing that will accept the single bi-xenon bulb from the HIDGuy kit or similar. I like the Depo Chrome projectors but that is a dual Low beam only and takes the 9005-06 bulbs I believe which I don't think will fit. If the 9007 would fit in the Projector side of the housing I guess I could just setup some DRL's for the vacant side. Thanks

i doubt you'll ever find a projector that would take a 9007 bulb, its not a very "ideal" size for a projector, its big and dual beam which is not needed in a projector. On the true dual beam kits on luxury cars, it is the internal cut off shield that moves when the highs are switched on. On the aftermarket kits the bulb tilts instead. However you could retro fit a true projector in, or you could use the depos and just buy new bulbs they are pretty cheap these days. A least then you wont have to ditch your hole kit.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
Thanks for the info... I did not realize that the Bi Xenon's worked by actually tilting the bulb. I just went out an looked at how they move.... interesting.
If I did a retro do you think the ballasts that I have from hidguy would work with the retro projectors or would I need to buy the specific ballasts for the projector that I use. I was thinking of modding the Depo projector to fit the Bi Xenon bulb but I am not sure if the tilting of the bulb in the projector housing would work even if I could mod in a 9007 mount for the bulb. I guess the right way to do this is the retro route.

LDC2335

Established Member
if you have a 9007 bi-xenon kit already, you should just be able to buy some replacement 9006 hid bulbs and they should plug right in the depo's. also, i think the tilting effect may work fine in the projectors if you choose to to go that route, though not needed since the depo's have a seperate high beam.

Users who are viewing this thread