Project Whitemare: S550 w/ Vossen VFS1

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Last pic of the car, makes me want to go to the dealer right now and trade my car in on one. The stance and color are great. But those wheels just don't do it for me. The more I look at them, the better I think they would look on a performance sedan or maybe an Audi or BMW. Constructive criticism here. Not trying to be a douche.

Agree. The S550 forum is so hung up on Vossen wheels but I don't like any of their designs.

S197 GT

Established Member
I'm still not sold on the S550, but this car looks good! The only S550 I'd drive so far! :beer:

Hahaha! I get that a lot from the S197 guys. Most of the New Edge guys I've ran into have liked it.

Last pic of the car, makes me want to go to the dealer right now and trade my car in on one. The stance and color are great. But those wheels just don't do it for me. The more I look at them, the better I think they would look on a performance sedan or maybe an Audi or BMW. Constructive criticism here. Not trying to be a douche.

I know what you are saying about the Euro styling. I personally love the look on this new body. I was looking for something with a super deep concave, and an aggressive fitment. I've typically gone with the stereotypical wheels on my Mustangs, but this time I had a vision and followed through with it. I bet they'd win you over in person! Hahaha.

The second set of pics make the wheels look better.

The finish on these wheels makes for quite a difference in pics based on lighting too. In this case, the first set was obviously professionally edited and this guy has a heavy influence from European photographers. I personally love his style, and find it works great for brochures, magazine ads, and the like. But certainly not your everyday pics.

Check out his website for more examples of his work. Pretty wide range of editing, but I really dig his work. Was really cool to work with too!

The first set of pictures almost look to over edited IMO but I really like the wheels and the overall look!

See above. Over-edited in comparison to the everyday pics we see, sure. However, this was certainly done with purpose, and I think the end result is amazing and exceeded my expectation.

However, your input is certainly appreciated! I've had a lot of fun building this car to my liking. It's not for everyone, but it's exactly what I wanted. I'm sure you can all appreciate that.

Absolutely gorgeous. And the photo quality blows my mind. Can't even imagine how the photos were set up even pre-processing. I totally dig the wheels.

Thanks man! I was amazed to when I saw them! He used some badass Sony camera, and had some badass grenade launcher looking light sensor. It was really windy, so we didn't use any of those light screens. We shot in a few spots out at Treasure Island shooting over the bay into San Francisco.

Afterwords, we went and did the burnout shot and the rolling shot. Yes, that's a real line lock burnout.

Good looking car

Sweet! Thanks!

Imo first set of pics are over done. Almost look like computer renderings. But the two regular pics you added look great. The wheel design looks great up close! I'm not a S550 fan to be honest, but it looks good over all.

Renderings...good analogy! They do look like renderings to me as well. I guess that's what makes me think it would work well on an ad on some glossy heavy stock paper. Happy to have semi won you over on the S550. Hahaha. Appreciate it man!

Your car is changing my mind about the S550 body style! Good job S197GT.

Appreciate it brother! We gotta get together again soon to catch up and maybe hit a canyon cruise!

I think your wheels look sick! Less is more..... Now just add some twins and your all set!

That's what I'm talking about! FI is definitely in the works! Still budgeting for it, and in the meantime keeping my eye on what's on the market. If I were to pull the trigger today, it'd be a color matched Whipple 2.9L w/ the upgraded throttle body and dual fan heat exchanger. Such a great kit! Ran the 2.9L on my 2011, and love how it performs. However, twins!!!

I like it and agree with the above comments saying the first set of photos look fake

I assure you, they are real! Hahaha.

MoneyShot2CocaCola.jpg

E7670861-4D5C-4895-AADA-761D8B3C8CEB.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
That car looks amazing man. Great job. I personally think those Vossen's do well with the S550's clean elegant look. It really makes the car look like a premium sports car.

ThomasL

Established Member
Yeah the first set of pics are way too fake looking. That aside, the wheels look sick. Love it.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The wheels look better in the unedited photos honestly. I feel the the car is missing a decklid spoiler to complete it.

Users who are viewing this thread