Project - Walking dead

Foxkid87

Established Member
Ok firstly a intro is due because i never really gave a intro when i first started posting on the site. My name is jebadiah simmons. I live in the stl area and i drive a truck for schneider national for a living. Ive attended driving school and wyotech in blairsville, pa in which i took there genral auto program and high performance power trains as my elective. Now before and questions start with that i choose not to make a carrer with working on cars simply because its more a hobby then it is anything and i cant bring myself to do it everyday and loose any intrest in the beloved car world. Im also a war vet, i served 15 months in iraq and a total of just under 5 years in the army. I was stationed in ft.lewis washington for the first 4-5 months in 1brigade 25inf div, then my whole unit picked up and moved to germany and reflagged under the unit 2SCR (2nd striker cav). I serverd the rest of my time in germany minus the 15 months in iraq. one thing i will apologize for in advance is grammer. I did attend school, im not dumb and i know how to write in proper english im just lazy so sorry too all you grammer freaks you wont see it in my posts. Another thing is i do reg visit on my phone (everyday) and do posts on said phone.. now my phone is gay and likes too randomly delete and leave out things that i type in so sometimes you will see a post and say wtf? ok enough of me..

Ok so you all know this build/thread will be taking place over the next YEAR. and there may be months without any updates as i aquire the more expensive parts for the build. Now i named it the project walking dead because of the shape i got the car in. Which a understatement would be it was rough. Its a 96 cobra, had a blowen engine when i got it and i replaced it with a mark viii engine from ebay. The car has dents peeling paint scatched up back wheels also 3rd and 4th gear dont work in the trans do too a aggressive friend that i let drive the car, which isnt that big of a deal cause the car was being tore down anyway. the interior is in pretty good shape other then the front seats needing to be rewraped

So every dime i make other then my phone bill and what i need to eat each week is going into the car, i have no bills otherwise and before i look into a house im building a car that i want. I basiclly live in my truck 25 out of 30 days a month sometimes more. and i stay with my friends when i come into town.

Right now i have upr front suspension (kemember kit, cc plates bump steer and strange 10 way struts) in my familys garage waiting to go on the car. The car was supposed to go too bill kohlmanns house for a cage and rear suspension set up over thanksgiving but due too work and getting a shit load leaving, i wasnt able too make time to take the car too him so that will happen over x-mas break. we havent decided what rear set up we are going with yet but ive pretty much settaled for a 10 point cage. MMR has my engine on layaway which i should have paid off in a few months. Specs on what we (mmr and I) decided are as follows

5.0 stroker 8.5:1 cr with a 04 cobra block (1000s shortblock)
brand new 04 cobra heads
stage 3 turbos cams and springs
arp main and head studs
arp side bolts and rod bolts
billet hurricane oil pump
mmr oil pan
and all timing stuff and having them deg the cams.

This will be a TT build using CG fab hot and cold side with precision cea 6262's looking for 650-700 for a street tune and maxing out the shortblock around a 1000 for the track.

trans will be a th400 with a brake and a built 8.8 bringing up the rear. Wheels will be aluma star 2.0s (black) with M/T tires. All in front of bear ss4 brakes up front and i havnt decided out back yet. interior will stay in the car but with rear seat delete and race seats up front.

Aeromotive will take care of fuel with a sumped tank.. still undecided if ill go with fast xfi and a dizzy drive or BS3 with ls1 coils..

Now with all this being said, i will post some pics of the car around x-mas time since i wont be home till then, im currently in columbus OH leaving for NC tomorrow.

lastly, another thing that makes this build possible in the short amout of time (we are talking 35k or so in a year) is Im also getting paid by the military to work for schneider under there military appricaiceship program, and currently waiting on back payments from them (Gov takes there time doing everything) for 5 months worth of pay.. which will be a 6k check.. anyway Stay tuned and i hope you guys enjoy the thread over the next year or so.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Welcome, Jeb.

Sounds like you have a plan.

If possible, post pics, if you have trouble, PM me right away and I'll post them for you.

I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this project.

Noreast

Established Member
That's for the service! This build seems awesome!!! Good luck and like stated above post up some pics so we get before and after shots and any questions you have I'm sure they can be answered.

Foxkid87

Established Member
This is the only pic i have of the car. This was right when i picked it up. bad photo though.. Its sitting next too my old turbo 5.0 coupe.
418441_10151318666860174_648514658_n.jpg

Foxkid87

Established Member
That's for the service! This build seems awesome!!! Good luck and like stated above post up some pics so we get before and after shots and any questions you have I'm sure they can be answered.

trust me, there will be plenty of pics before and after. every aspect of the build (that i can control) will be documented and photographed

Foxkid87

Established Member
ahh one detail i forgot too mention, was i picked the car up off a 17 year old kid for $1700.. But unfortunatly the kid tore the car too shreads..

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Sounds like an awesome build, thanks for the service and good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mustang Matt

Established Member
8.5:1 is too low of compression for a turbo build when you're starting from scratch.

As much money as you're spending, you'd be MUCH better off from a financial standpoint finding one that's already done and buying it for a fraction what you're about to spend.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Awesome intro lol, I wish I had good income and no bills! Good for you, you deserve it. Looking forward to updates and pics.

Foxkid87

Established Member
8.5:1 is too low of compression for a turbo build when you're starting from scratch.

As much money as you're spending, you'd be MUCH better off from a financial standpoint finding one that's already done and buying it for a fraction what you're about to spend.

8.5 will be fine. I know it will be a dog untill it hits boost but thats ok since its not a dd and id rather start with too little of a cr then to much. Buying done cars isnt my cup of tea. Financially im fine and id rather have the peace of mind of doing it myself and knowing everything was torqued and put together right.

Foxkid87

Established Member
Awesome intro lol, I wish I had good income and no bills! Good for you, you deserve it. Looking forward to updates and pics.

I worked hard to get where im at with no bills. All thanks to the army

Foxkid87

Established Member
Sounds like it is going to be a bad ass car man! Looking forward to the build! Most importantly, thank you for your service!

It should be a pretty sick car, i wish i could fast forward time right now too when its done. The biggest issue im facing right now is how to spend my back payments from the military. Ive been thinking that ill be ordering my hotside and turbos and the rest will go twords what i owe MMR on the engine.

JP_Stang

Established Member
That's not a bad idea. I would try to get the really expensive part of the build out the way first while you have the good chunk of money. Then you will be able to buy the less expensive parts as you go and you won't have to come up with a bunch of money at the end to get your turbo kit or something like that.

Foxkid87

Established Member
Small update. Talked to the va today. 4k worth of backpay is in the mail should expect it early next week
With that ill order my hotside. Rest will be going to Mr. Kohlmann for the cage and rear suspen set up.

Users who are viewing this thread