Project Thristy: 98 BAB Cobra

APMotorsports

Established Member
This morning I'm putting the Cobra on jack stands for a little freshing up. Going to drop the gas tank detail the back half of the underside, paint the gas tank shield, and replace the stock pump with an aviator unit.

First things first, though, gotta see if my tank has the retarded basket or if its the eariler unit I will replace with a walbro otherwise I'm going to use an 2005 Aviator pump. I can pick one up at Ford, or O' really's...lol...I think the pump will work fine from either place...just cheaper @ O' really's...

Pics to come this afternoon...

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Forsyth, huh? Did you have your car at the Anderson Ford show last year? I saw a BAB there last fall that looked damn near brand new. Gorgeous car.

Have fun with the pump!

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
98 cobra will have the retarded basket, originally when I first had my supercharger installed they modified the basket and used a walbro 255lph high output pump. I was told not to run the car hard on less than a half a tank. Eventually I went with a glenn's performance 600 hp set up which is the sumped tank to the fuel rails. I believe that the aviator will work and from what I've read here is the best option with the retarded basket. What color are you painting the tank cover. I just had mine done in BAB to match the car. Here's a pic of it, not installed yet but it should be done by the weekend.

FuelTankPainted.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Oh, you're killing me man. Your car is so clean. I'm sure it'll look nice black though! I'll have to check it out at the AFM show this year. With a fair bit of luck I might be able to get my car back together and tuned in time for the show, too.

APMotorsports

Established Member
NO NO NO just the gas tank cover black not the car...lol...hope you have your car there too!
001lcy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
002uep.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

APMotorsports

Established Member
Ok so no one (Ford, O' Reilys, NAPA, Carquest) had a aviator pump in stock...so clean her up, painted the cover, and slammed it back together:
003vpb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
004ty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
006qz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
tank cover looks good, i can't wait to see how mine looks on the car tomorrow. You should get some stainless straps for the tank cover. I'm having mine painted to match the sumped part of my tank.

Users who are viewing this thread