Project hide my wires

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
While I have my motor out I’ve decided to go a head and clean up my engine bay by tucking and hiding my wires and having the bay repainted. When I pulled the motor I had some help from a friend who was too quick to pull stuff apart and I didn’t get a chance to label a few things. Does anyone have a detailed list or diagram, or know where each plug belongs?

thanks,

buddha93

Established Member
Meh, not so much, but if you posted up some good pictures, I could probably ID it all.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I guess a Haynes or Chilton book would do the trick. I'll check into that, thanks!

JoeRacer

Established Member
I do not think a Haynes or Chiltons would do the trick. The Ford Technician Manual has a chassis diagram that corresponds with the wiring diagram. Every connector, sensor, etc, that is shown on the wiring diagram is also shown on the chassis diagram/map. So if you see connector R-256 in the wiring diagram, you look it up on the chassis diagram and it shows you exactly where it is located. The book is really awesome to have when it comes to solving wiring issues or vacuum issues (it also has the vacuum system diagrams).

buddha93

Established Member
I do not think a Haynes or Chiltons would do the trick. The Ford Technician Manual has a chassis diagram that corresponds with the wiring diagram. Every connector, sensor, etc, that is shown on the wiring diagram is also shown on the chassis diagram/map. So if you see connector R-256 in the wiring diagram, you look it up on the chassis diagram and it shows you exactly where it is located. The book is really awesome to have when it comes to solving wiring issues or vacuum issues (it also has the vacuum system diagrams).

Correct.

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
Well I've just about completed my tuck and thought I'd share a few pic's.

BEFORE

31548297292.jpg

AFTER

2011-05-29_14-37-46_841.jpg

2011-03-15_10-18-47_823.jpg

2011-03-15_10-19-46_334.jpg

2011-04-03_15-52-23_702.jpg

2011-05-21_14-27-17_629.jpg

2011-04-03_15-53-35_541.jpg

I've finally completed my long list of mods and restoration projects last week and shipped the car out for tuning. I'll have some better pictures of my completed jobs for you guys in a few weeks.

Last edited:

JoeRacer

Established Member
Hopefully your MSD lasts longer in the fender than mine did. I put my second one underneath the driver's seat. Everything looks real clean though, it doesn't look like you'll ever worry about any rust on that chassis with that coating. I like the fuel rails, how well do they clear the distributor? Can't wait to see some more pics! :beer:

cobra-bit

Sacrilegious
Established Member
Hopefully your MSD lasts longer in the fender than mine did. I put my second one underneath the driver's seat.QUOTE]

What type of problems did you have? I was worried about excessive heat from a lack of ventilation or water somehow getting to in that spot. Didn’t get to much help in this area when I asked around so I gambled a bit.

The fuel rails clear just fine (driverside as a 45* angle on it) and i was able to tuck the lines away to easy adjustments of the distributer when needed. I've attached a few more pictures of the fuel system, these were early stages and have been cleaned up a little better since taken.

Stealth sump[/SIZE]
2011-02-19_12-17-11_391.jpg

2011-05-21_14-30-12_256.jpg

2011-05-21_14-27-32_834.jpg

2011-03-17_18-50-58_779.jpg

2011-03-17_18-49-29_14.jpg

Last edited:

JoeRacer

Established Member
Nice. I like the 45 degree angle bend on the driver side fuel rail. The Aeromotive ones are a bitch to get to fit 'right.'

I don't think vibration is an issue if you have them mounted on the isolators. Without the isolators then vibration would definitely be an issue. Otherwise the main issue there is exposure to elements and heat. It might be better in that location vs. the engine bay where they are commonly mounted. I am not sure what killed mine, but probably the heat. Mounted under the seat there should be no issues, and it is still hidden from view. I built brackets for mine that suspended it off of the carpet and mounted to the bolt holes for the seat rails. You could alternatively mount it directly to the floor using the isolators. I wouldn't mount it directily to the carpet. I am not sure if you would need the isolators if mounting in the interior to help with vibration but they would allow air to circulate on the bottom of the unit and help with cooling.

Great looking car, can't wait to see the final numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread