Project Get Blown..

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
Looks good Ja.! I am jealous!!! You going return style with the fuel system?

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra
nah im staying returnless for now. Got a 03 cobra tank with twin ford gt pumps.

I couldn't run an 03/04 on mine w/o disabling the pats. Pats flipped a lid when I swapped clusters. :shrug:

How do you disable it ?

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
3422187534_82bca9f40f_o.jpg

The rest of the wiring i need :D

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
With a tuner. You'll need a tuner (a person) to turn it off in a custom tune. I just took the 03/04 cluster out and sold it the next day because I didn't want to loose Pats (i don't mind the system like others do lol)

I have a guy that does my tuning. What does the Pat system really do? And im also planing on putting a 03 cobra ecu in the car. Will i have any problems with that?

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
Wow...that's a lot of wiring. Why are you going with the 03 Cobra ecu?

Well i got a good deal on the complete wiring out of an 03 cobra including ecu so im just going to go ahead and throw it in my cobra. I have another project im doing. Putting a 4v in my 95 gt and im going to use the rest of the wiring in that car including my stock ecu

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
I have a guy that does my tuning. What does the Pat system really do? And im also planing on putting a 03 cobra ecu in the car. Will i have any problems with that?

The PATS system is Ford's security system and it's housed in the cluster of the car. It is what corresponds w/ the chip in your keyfob and allows the car to be started.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, you'll still need to have the cluster flashed to match so your keyfob won't think it's in the wrong car and not start, etc.

The easiest way is just to turn pats off. That's what most people do.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken, you'll still need to have the cluster flashed to match so your keyfob won't think it's in the wrong car and not start, etc.

The easiest way is just to turn pats off. That's what most people do.

Yea i just talked to my tuner he said he can turn it off. No problem. Thanks for the info man.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
Lol that works too ... how long did it take you to piece everything together?

I pulled it apart on October 5 of last year. But also ran into some times where money was getting tight. Been taking my time on it since i don't like to drive it in the winter time anyways. :D

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
It runs..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsC94W-9dis&feature=channel_page]YouTube - JaCobra 01 Cobra Eaton swap start up[/ame]

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
Heres a little video my buddy put together for me last night. My cars got a real safe road tune with only 12 degrees of timing at the moment. I will be hitting up the dyno ASAP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdqUzPinrk]YouTube - jacobra domination[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread