Project: Black and blue

04YellowGT

Established Member
Posted this in Pics and Vids and didn't get many comments so I thought I'd post it here where you guys may enjoy it more.

Here is what she looked like when I bought her. Pretty beaten an bruised but I've definitely seen worse.

7755.jpg

7756.jpg

7759.jpg

Starting to fix her up

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

New Upgrades

IMG_0501.jpg

Custom Parts and now in primer

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Custom Made Hood And Now in Paint (Mostly)

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

My Reflection pre wet-sanding and buffing and no thats not my pink camera

IMG_0625.jpg

The Best Part Sonic Blue Super Snake Stripes

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Getting Closer

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Almost done....

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

Teaser shot of the rims (20x11 in the back 20x9.5 in the front)
IMG_0570.jpg

DONE!!!! Picures don't do the rims justice. They look more gold in the pics where in real life they are a dark matte gray.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Mods for the car are:
Full MBRP Exhaust (Headers, Midpipe, Catback)
Airaid CAI
Eibach Sportlines
Adj Panhard Bar
Bravado Americana II Rims (20x11 back, 20x9.5 front)

Last edited:

BPatterson

Established Member
Love everything but the color of the wheels. They should be a gloss black to match the car. Would tie it all together better IMHO.

04YellowGT

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys! The car safely made it to vegas getting 23-24 mpg while doing 75-80mph. I'll get some better pics when it gets home. Its also getting shot for a magazine called drive while its in Vegas

Holy sick looking car. Nice rebirth!
Good job! I love the stripes.....

What came of the stock Shelby hood? The red one?

I was used to make the custom hood, which was used to make the mold.

Love everything but the color of the wheels. They should be a gloss black to match the car. Would tie it all together better IMHO.

Thats what I was orginally thinking when I saw the rims in pictures but after I got them they look perfect on the car. The color in person is a little darker than the stock GT/CS rims

Grant808

Established Member
Excellent work. The only thing I'd add would be a front brake upgrade. Maybe even powder coating the stock calipers would be enough.

Could you post or PM your costs to this point?

kona12

Established Member
looks sick...NICE JOB congrats Did you paint the stripe on or decal then clear coated car, Also what size tires are you running and offsets. Reason I asked because Im also lowered on sportlines myself and trying to get right tire clearence but avoid rubbing issues

Nuar

Established Member
The car looks great man!
I think you went overkill on the width of the rear wheels and boughttoo narrow of a tire though.
For a 20x11 you need a wiiiiide tire. Your looks stretched in the back right now.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Nice work. Wish I had skills like that.. I started taking a paint and body program at a local college but couldn't afford tuition after the first semester and was working to dam much.

04YellowGT

Established Member
looks sick...NICE JOB congrats Did you paint the stripe on or decal then clear coated car, Also what size tires are you running and offsets. Reason I asked because Im also lowered on sportlines myself and trying to get right tire clearence but avoid rubbing issues

Stripes were painted and cleared smooth.

The tires are 275s all around with no offsets, not my choice but they were free so I cant complain. All with no rubbing issues as of right now.

The car looks great man!
I think you went overkill on the width of the rear wheels and boughttoo narrow of a tire though.
For a 20x11 you need a wiiiiide tire. Your looks stretched in the back right now.

I know I was hopping for 325s out back but as I said above the rims and tires were free so I can't really complain.

Get rid of the Cobra emblem and it'd go from looking good to great!

I know we've been trying to figure out how to get rid of it as its molded into the grill. We're going to do something but ran out of time before it went to SEMA.

04YellowGT

Established Member
Nice work. Wish I had skills like that.. I started taking a paint and body program at a local college but couldn't afford tuition after the first semester and was working to dam much.

My buddy did 99% of the work I just did the some of the sanding and misc work. He does AMAZING work and has been building vehicles for SEMA and magazines for years. He was part of Fang Performance for while and is back to working on his own. His shop is in Avilla.

If anyone is interested I can pass his info onto you, just PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread