Project 510 pt 1

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
update...
-headers are done
-rollcage and dash completed
-engine in for test fitting
-have most of the parts (clutch, flywheel, electric fan, oil cooler w/ fan, poly bushings, battery relocation kit, new steering wheel), all of that will start going on soon
-waiting on on a few more little things

ya...the madness is continuing...hopefully it'll be done by my b-day.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
actually, its gonna be efi now. nissan ka24de tuned by jim wolf technology. i had a single weber 40 on a cannon intake on the stock L16 (perfect for downhill canyon runs, but anthing else was no fun) , but i need more power for my driving events and more reliability.

stang99

You can never have too much power; right, young Walker? Any idea how much RW numbers you will be putting out, and exactly how featherweight the car will be? I am just trying to figure out what it would turn at LACR? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolling:

Originally posted by amwalker
actually, its gonna be efi now. nissan ka24de tuned by jim wolf technology. i had a single weber 40 on a cannon intake on the stock L16 (perfect for downhill canyon runs, but anthing else was no fun) , but i need more power for my driving events and more reliability.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
when i have access to a digi cam, but no pics till its done...really ugly right now. about 180-190 to wheels, around 2200-2300 lbs. not really a speed demon, but should be killer in the twisties.

stang99

So, about 10-11 pounds/HP with you in it? That should turn a prettty stout 1/4 with the correct gears.
What are "twisties"? Did you mean Twinkies? Never heard of "twisties". Must be a new fast food product. You young guys always are the first to get in on the new stuff.

when i have access to a digi cam, but no pics till its done...really ugly right now. about 180-190 to wheels, around 2200-2300 lbs. not really a speed demon, but should be killer in the twisties.

jonas

Established Member
I saw the "twinkie" yesterday. Man adam is so ghetto he used a 4 pointed lug nut wrench as a fan and a chain as an engine mount. I didnt look at the tranny for fear of finding an egg beater attached to the driveshaft on its place, causing me to laugh until I pass out. Current challenges include fitting a radiator in the already tight quarters. I should suggest to Adam to use a pair of flashlights instead of the stock headlights to give some more space. If budget is an issue, I have some candles you can borrow. I also have some xmas lights you can use for signal/parking lamps. Got plenty of red and yellow and if you feel a bit ricy, I have others.
You would have to get a 12vdc to 120vac converter so maybe using red and yellow hiliters would be cheaper

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
i have a couple of mega-bone stock pics, those will have to do, although i might stir up enough courage to take some pics this weekend. the end pics will be taken professionally by a family friends friend... sunday is my mega work day, as i need to study for finals monday. hamlet sssssuuuuuuuuucks. stupid quote id test!

Last edited:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
nasa, redline auto events, speedtrial usa, tcra...as many as i can do, plus all my drifting events and a few passes down the 1320' for kicks. my goal is to have every weekend filled with an event. it won't be too hard, considering i have 1 or 2 drift events a month.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member

Since I retired we had to put off buying a digi cam :lol1: :lol1:

Anybody need some old business clothes I am selling...:cryying:

James (new life style) Walker

stang99

Is that all you had to give up? I am going to have to give up food and beverages after I retire, not to mention electricity and such. Fortunately, out here in the desert, we don't cotton to such luxury items anyhow.

Originally posted by jhwalker
Since I retired we had to put off buying a digi cam :lol1: :lol1:

Anybody need some old business clothes I am selling...:cryying:

James (new life style) Walker

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
i have a couple of mega-bone stock pics, those will have to do, although i might stir up enough courage to take some pics this weekend. the end pics will be taken professionally by a family friends friend... sunday is my mega work day, as i need to study for finals monday. hamlet sssssuuuuuuuuucks. stupid quote id test!

Hamlet-All you need to know

Make us all proud

Users who are viewing this thread