"PROFILING"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip6990

Established Member
after having a awsome nite of bowling w/CDC members, i left in a good mood...

that was shortly about to change........

coming down state of franklin (toward hospitol, away from bristol) we were setting at the red light under the interstate, and saw the white mustang gt JC POLICE car w/his lights on......light turns green we take off.

before we get to him i told my dad, "he'll probably pull us over cause we are in a mustang", as we get beside him he turns off the blue lights, i get in the turn lane to turn right onto oakland ave., he jumps behind me and flips on the blue lights........

he asked for my license, registration, and ins. and then tells me why he pulled me over..........

1. my turn signal bulbs are red......thats illegal?????
2. the tinted strip across my windshield is too low......thats illegal?????
3. and my license plate cover is tinted.......thats illegal?????

1. my cousin is a state trooper, many friends who are cops, i have asked them all if it was ok to have the red bulbs? i get the same answer every time....not as long as your not running up on people and flashing your lights at them...

2. well i know that was

3. it aint even tinted!!!!!!!! and i told him that!!!!! he said "well it has a SLIGHT tint to it"

all 3 violations carry a $70 fine....$70x3=$210....thats STUPID!!!!!!!!!

and the kicker is that all 3 violations are compliance fines....which means if i remove the red bulbs, take off the tinted strip on the winshield, and take off the clear....i mean SLIGHTLY tinted tag cover...that they will dismiss all charges?????????

if i do all of that and they drop it......what was the purpose of pulling me over?????

its all because of that girl gettting killed...and i was in a loud, souped up, tire squillin', gear rippin', fast lookin', nitrous snortin', "arrest me red" MUSTANG!!!!!

isnt that considered PROFILING??????????

let me know what you think......should i take all the stuff off and drop it, or take it off and go to court and give my OPINION!!!!!!!!!

SpeedKillz

Established Member
chip6990 said:
its all because of that girl gettting killed...and i was in a loud, souped up, tire squillin', gear rippin', fast lookin', nitrous snortin', "arrest me red" MUSTANG!!!!!

QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

lowdrag

Established Member
Explain more about the girl getting killed that you talked about. Are they looking for a suspect that drives a Mustang? Could be that the officer was doing his job and used some minor equipment violations to stop you in order to see if you matched a suspect description. That is not profiling, that is good police work. It's surprising how many criminals are caught during situations just like you describe.

Regardless of any of that, the officer stopped you for 3 different violations. I can't speak for the exact statutes in your state, but if he wrote you citations for them, I'm willing to bet that they are all violations of the vehicle code where you are. From the way you describe it, it sounds like you were worked up about it at the time it happened. Any chance that they way you interacted with the officer turned 3 possible warnings into citations?

As has been mentioned here many times before, tickets are only allegations. It is entirely your right to go to court over them and contest them. However, I would highly suggest against going to court to express your "opinion". If you go to court, go with an explanation of the facts and a legal reason for why you believe the tickets were not correct. Turning the witness stand into your pulpit WILL piss the judge off and will most likely net you a maximum fine plus court costs for the violations and will cost you a lot more. If you think you're legally in the right, research the statutes he cited you for and take them to court. If the license plate cover is a big sticking point, take it with you and present it as evidence and then let the judge decide. If none of these apply, then your best bet is to just fix the issues and drop it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
chip6990 said:
after having a awsome nite of bowling w/CDC members, i left in a good mood...

that was shortly about to change........

Okay.

coming down state of franklin (toward hospitol, away from bristol) we were setting at the red light under the interstate, and saw the white mustang gt JC POLICE car w/his lights on......light turns green we take off.

Yes

before we get to him i told my dad, "he'll probably pull us over cause we are in a mustang", as we get beside him he turns off the blue lights, i get in the turn lane to turn right onto oakland ave., he jumps behind me and flips on the blue lights........

I seriously doubt he pulled you over because you were in a Mustang, it was probably because of the violations you had.

he asked for my license, registration, and ins. and then tells me why he pulled me over..........

1. my turn signal bulbs are red......thats illegal?????
2. the tinted strip across my windshield is too low......thats illegal?????
3. and my license plate cover is tinted.......thats illegal?????

Red Turn Signal bulbs facing forward are illegal as are blue. Regardless of whether they flash or not.

If the tint is below the AS1 line it is illegal.

You can not have anything covering your license plate that obscures it. Tinted covers do that.

1. my cousin is a state trooper, many friends who are cops, i have asked them all if it was ok to have the red bulbs? i get the same answer every time....not as long as your not running up on people and flashing your lights at them...

If you are running up on people flashing them then that is a criminal activity as opposed to a motor vehicle code infraction.

2. well i know that was

So, then why ask.

3. it aint even tinted!!!!!!!! and i told him that!!!!! he said "well it has a SLIGHT tint to it"

In some states you cant cover your plate at all while others you cant have anything tinted covering the plate.

all 3 violations carry a $70 fine....$70x3=$210....thats STUPID!!!!!!!!!

No, that is the cost of being stupid.

and the kicker is that all 3 violations are compliance fines....which means if i remove the red bulbs, take off the tinted strip on the winshield, and take off the clear....i mean SLIGHTLY tinted tag cover...that they will dismiss all charges?????????

That is what that means!

if i do all of that and they drop it......what was the purpose of pulling me over?????

Let's see, you had illegal red turn signal bulbs, you had an illegal tinted windshield and you had an illegal plate cover. Now you dont! I guess that was the purpose :rolleyes:

You are right it has nothing to do with you being in violation of the law.

isnt that considered PROFILING??????????

NO!! It is called DWS-Driving While Stupid. You had illegal things done to your car and were stopped for that!

let me know what you think......should i take all the stuff off and drop it, or take it off and go to court and give my OPINION!!!!!!!!!

Go to court. Absolutely go to court. And tell the judge why you dont agree with the state law and how you are special:bored:

SpeedKillz

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Okay.

Yes

I seriously doubt he pulled you over because you were in a Mustang, it was probably because of the violations you had.

Red Turn Signal bulbs facing forward are illegal as are blue. Regardless of whether they flash or not.

You can not have anything covering your license plate that obscures it. Tinted covers do that.

If you are running up on people flashing them then that is a criminal activity as opposed to a motor vehicle code infraction.

So, then why ask.

In some states you cant cover your plate at all while others you cant have anything tinted covering the plate.

That is what that means!

Let's see, you had illegal red turn signal bulbs, you had an illegal tinted windshield and you had an illegal plate cover. Now you dont! I guess that was the purpose :rolleyes:

NO!! It is called DWS-Driving While Stupid. You had illegal things done to your car and were stopped for that!

Go to court. Absolutely go to court. And tell the judge why you dont agree with the state law and how you are special:bored:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :burn:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Damn. I was about to make some points but Hulkinator beat me to it. Ah well, better luck next time I hope.

Lawman85

Banned
chip6990 said:

I truly don't believe you want my honest opinion.

In Ga everything you listed is a violation and you would have received a ticket for each one. The tag cover is illegal here no matter what color it is. A clear cover reflects sunlight badly which hinders us, and redlight cameras, from seeing the tag. So everything you mentioned is a legitimate violation...

Now let me explain profiling to you Mr. Genius.... that is when you are stopped for no other reason than because you are...(enter your race here) or you drive a (enter your car here) or because you look like your (enter your age here).... without any probably cause or traffic infractions.

All of your traffic violations were legit, therefore, that is not profiling.

MARK C

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Okay.

Yes

So, then why ask.

That is what that means!

Well Said! :-D

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
in tha law's eyes, cars can't be profiled, only people. :rolleyes: So you have no case.

Fordsvtfan taught me that. :beer:

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
I hate it when I violate the law and get caught too.. :( Boo Hoo Sad Face for you :(

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
He should have cited you for that ridiculous wing.

seriously, it sounds like he had good reason to pull you over. Many of DUI arrests have stemmed from something as simple as any of the things you mentioned

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
Man, I am sick of guys doing things they know are illegal (i.e speeding, racing, or illegal mods to their cars) and then ranting on here how they're getting screwed.....The law is in place for a reason. I am not saying I never speed, or have never run an illegal exhaust, but, if I get pulled over for it, I take my lumps. I have been pulled over four times in the last two years. I have been respectful and apologetic each time, and have not been written a citation. What kind of attitude did you have when you got pulled. That may have had A LOT to do with it.

White96

Established Member
You def. get profiled, i talked to my buddy this weeekend. He said he was heading out to dinner and a cop was making a left turn when he passed him going the other way. He said the cop busted a u turn in the middle of the intersection and followed him all the way to the restruant. No red bulbs no licens plate cover no tint. Its just the way some of them are.

If you are a kid with a loud car you are automatically profiled.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
White96 said:
You def. get profiled, i talked to my buddy this weeekend. He said he was heading out to dinner and a cop was making a left turn when he passed him going the other way. He said the cop busted a u turn in the middle of the intersection and followed him all the way to the restruant. No red bulbs no licens plate cover no tint. Its just the way some of them are.

For good reason too.

Elliotness

Established Member
Hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

+1 on the wing thing.

You were not profiled.

Good officers/agents profile all the time.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
White96 said:

Automatically????

Shit, I didnt get that memo. Any of the other L.E.O.s here get the "automatically" profiled memo?

Son, you are either a few fries short of a happy meal or just plain dumb. :bored:

White96

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Automatically????

Shit, I didnt get that memo. Any of the other L.E.O.s here get the "automatically" profiled memo?

Son, you are either a few fries short of a happy meal or just plain dumb. :bored:

Ignoring that :nonono:

I think a lot of it has to due with the street racing issue around here. There has been a lot going on about it lately, so young kids with loud cars seem to be more of a target then others.

My mistake maybe i should have specified my last 2 post were concerning where i live and how the cops are around here.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
I got the memo last week FordSVTFan.....it was in our "National Conspiracy" folder, you probably overlooked it.. The Man sent the email out informing us that we are to now automatically profile kids with loud cars. I'm not sure how White96 cracked into our info, but I have sent a memo to The Man, and he will be issuing a new email to profile White96 and start "harassing" him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread