Professional paintjob OUTSIDE?

Shinigami

Established Member
Three weeks ago Honda backed a CRV(?) into my brothers Accord and Honda offered to fix/paint it for free. He droped off the car today to get painted and they say the guy can't paint it today because its raining and he paints the cars OUTSIDE.

Now I;m not body guy...but I have never heared of a painter that would paint a car outside.....wouldn't that mean a REALLY crappy paint job?

epracmetcon

Established Member
There are a lot of touch up companies that do work for stealerships and they do minor paint repair. DO NOT let them fix it like this, demand it be taken to a body shop of your choice. The paint will not last at all. Ive seen it all the time, they do this to get by cheap.

LightningLou

Established Member
The cheaper alternative to a paint booth I guess?? If I brought my car to an autobody who did that, I'd be pissed! Good luck picking the flies out of your paint I guess... Lol

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Take it to a bodyshop and get an estimate. Then show it to the dealer and tell them that how much they owe. Don't let them "touch" it up. I know the kind of work those touch up guys do. I work at a dealership. No prep, orange peel, runs etc. They do horrible jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread