Procuring to Minors

SB490

Established Member
Here's the story.

I was was with two people from work who I believed to be 21, as told by them.
I was parked on the side of a road with no plates on my newly purchased car, waiting to go into a club.
There was a case of beer the two people were consuming.
An officer pulled up and when I rolled the window down he saw the case of beer in the back. He took our licenses and that is when I learned that these two were not the age they said they were.
I was put in handcuffs, the other two did a breath test and got MIP's. I got procuring for minors, even though I did not buy them the beer.
They both even told the officer that I did not supply the beer and I had believe them to be 21.
They ended up impounding my car and giving all three of us court dates on the same day.
They are going to tell the court that I didn't know their real age, and I didn't buy the beer, which are both true.

What am I looking at? A fighting chance?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It is not likely to go well for you at all. The two kids will not be credible unless you get a new judge working his first case

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Eh...I think it might depend. You might get lucky. How old were your "friends" (although I find it difficult to believe you don't know how old your friends are...a judge might think the same)

Why was your car impounded? No tags?

SB490

Established Member
I am 21, they happened to be 20. I work with them and they aren't from where I am, so we went out and I was told by them they were 21.

And I don't know why my car was impounded, maybe for the no tags?

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Step 1 - Get a lawyer
Step 2 - Do not talk about it with anyone other than your lawyer, especially on a public forum.:nonono:

Interesting discussion though, that said, I just ain't buying the story.:pop:

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Why didn't you car have tags again? The real reason this time.

• The dog ate them
  • China needed more metal
  • Used them as trays at a tailgate party
  • Donated them to a local "we hang plates on the wall" steakhouse
  • Used them to reflect an eye blast from Cyclops
  • Made the first metal origami giraffe out of them
  • Turns out they make a great birdhouse roof
  • Used them as a wind chime by hanging them from the 5 x 5 deck of my trailer

Just trying to give you some outs when you go to court...

All jokes aside... tell the truth... if you screwed up, own up.

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Because I just bought and haven't tagged it yet. In Nebraska we have thirty days to tag a vehicle from the purchase date.

If you were able to provide a bill of sale then there wouldn't be a reason to impound it for not having tags.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Your story sounds the same as every other person in trouble with the law.
1. Not my fault
2. Didn't know
3. They lied
4. Etc, etc
And why the hell were you parked on the side of a road drinking beer? And why was the beer in your car if you didn't buy it? If they aren't 21, then who bought the beer?
I call bull...

SB490

Established Member
Your story sounds the same as every other person in trouble with the law.
1. Not my fault
2. Didn't know
3. They lied
4. Etc, etc
And why the hell were you parked on the side of a road drinking beer? And why was the beer in your car if you didn't buy it? If they aren't 21, then who bought the beer?
I call bull...

I provided the officer with my insurance, bill of sale, and title. We were on the side about to get out after I parked to go into a place downtown. They brought the beer with them and claimed they had bought it. Like I said, they are people I know from work who had told me when I had first met them that they were of age.

I am asking for advice not for you all to tell me my story is bullshit when I know what happened.

SB490

Established Member
If you were able to provide a bill of sale then there wouldn't be a reason to impound it for not having tags.

Exactly what I though. I wasn't drinking and the officer never gave me a breath test. I was told I could go to jail or have my car impounded. Seem like the logical choice was to have my car impounded.

TDUB003

Established Member
Exactly what I though. I wasn't drinking and the officer never gave me a breath test. I was told I could go to jail or have my car impounded. Seem like the logical choice was to have my car impounded.

Regardless of if you did it or not, I would get a lawyer if I were you.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am asking for advice not for you all to tell me my story is bullshit when I know what happened.
there are holes in your story. when you don't tell the whole story people ask questions. don't like the questions? you shouldn't post the story.

as pointed out several times, you should talk to an attorney, don't depend on those proven liars to get you out of trouble.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
not knowing is about the lamest excuse you could ever use when going infront of a judge.

do you actually believe no one has ever said that before? at least be original.

you should have been charged with more than that. count your lucky stars.

you should have told the officer thank you may i have another.

get a lawyer.

a man who represents himself in court, has a fool for a client.

you will be better off doing this:

when called, step up and interupt the judge...say the following " listen here mother ******..you better drop all the MF'n charges or i will come accross this desk and whip the ever loving shit out of your black robe wearing, **** sucking ass infron of god and everyone in the court room...if i have to tell you twice, ill rip out your eyes and skull **** you.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Why would they lie to you about their age? Def doesn't make sense. If you don't like what we're saying then why post it on a forum for people you don't know? Seems like dealing with people you don't know already got you in trouble once. Lesson learned...not a chance. Good luck.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Why would they lie to you about their age? Def doesn't make sense. If you don't like what we're saying then why post it on a forum for people you don't know? Seems like dealing with people you don't know already got you in trouble once. Lesson learned...not a chance. Good luck.

I hope you're joking with that question. Girls lie about their age all the time.

LS2GTO

Established Member
I didn't know that it was legal to have an open container and be drinking alcohol in a car regardless of your age.

And the fact that you were the driver of the vehicle where all this happened just makes you responsible, even if you were not the one breaking the law or approved of such.

I got in trouble for what people used to do in my dorm room all the time, even though I was not even in the room at the time. But it being my room, I was responsible for all the actions in there. Same here, you are responsible for all actions that happen in your car. And those actions of drinking beer is not exactly legal.

Users who are viewing this thread