Procharging and 02 GT, Questions??

IZBLOWN

Hi guys, im from the lightning forum, but i have to ask a few questions for my brother. He just ordere a Procharger with a 2 core intercooler for his 02 GT. The only mod he has done to it is a Steeda Cat back exhaust and a MAC H-Pipe. The guy he ordered the blower from said that the only thing needed to be done to the car was to change the injectors. Is this true or are there other things that need to be done to the car to make it reliable? And what size injectors will the car need?

I dont know that much about the mustangs and what needs to be done, so could someone please help me out here because i am going to do the install on the car. Thanks guys!!

Anthony

khaine

Established Member
you need a set of 42lbs injectors and a matching MAF to go with it, most guys up here use the lightning MAF.

also, I would sugest a custom dyno tune once he gets it on the car to get all the bugs out.

once you have the car up and running, make sure you don't get anywhere near the rev limiter, since it pulls fuel.

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
You dont "NEED" 42lb injectors, 36 or 38 would be fine, but the custom tune is nice. Most kits come with everything you need, unless you go above 8lbs boost they are really quite reliable.

khaine

Established Member
well on my old combination, which is listed in my sig, I was running 42lbs ford injectors and the Lightning MAF, but that's just me speaking from experience. It's all the same size of injectors that can be found on your lightning.

Also if you check with procharger, they generally recommend 42lbs'rs for the 99+ cars due to the limitations of the returnless fuel system

Users who are viewing this thread