Procharger with boss intake fitment issues

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
anybody else have fitment issues when swapping the stock intake to boss? the intake elbow isn't even close to reaching the first metal piping. I did both the initial blower install myself as well as going to the 2018 intake myself and now the boss intake and the boss isn't even close to working. I'd like it say its at minimum 2 inches way from getting the clamp below the bead roll line for a secure connection. There is some adjustability on this particular pipe but its definitely not enough to get a secure connection. This was a new kit and I didn't cut any of the hoses during the install so what you see is what I got.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=azZRSnpDSTlrdVRVQm9oM013RUZ2WXRsQTltT0pR

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I have the boss IM installed on my car with the procharger and you definitely have to manipulate the hoses and charge pipes after the intercooler to get it to fit. I actually just switched back to the stock throttle body so I had to work with the piping to make sure everything fit right. The easiest way to get everything to fit is to connect the hose that goes to the throttle body, and then put a jack underneath the passenger side charge pipe to lift it up so you can tighten the clamp down where you are having issues. Procharger probably should have made some aftermarket adapter or different pipes and hoses for the boss manifold, but like I said before it will work, it just takes a lot of patience and manipulating to get everything to fit. The problem is that the boss IM sits higher and angles downwards at the throttle body where as the stock intake manifold sits lower and angles up. Good luck with the install. I will hopefully be able to post some pics this weekend as my car is not at my house at the moment.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have the boss IM installed on my car with the procharger and you definitely have to manipulate the hoses and charge pipes after the intercooler to get it to fit. I actually just switched back to the stock throttle body so I had to work with the piping to make sure everything fit right. The easiest way to get everything to fit is to connect the hose that goes to the throttle body, and then put a jack underneath the passenger side charge pipe to lift it up so you can tighten the clamp down where you are having issues. Procharger probably should have made some aftermarket adapter or different pipes and hoses for the boss manifold, but like I said before it will work, it just takes a lot of patience and manipulating to get everything to fit. The problem is that the boss IM sits higher and angles downwards at the throttle body where as the stock intake manifold sits lower and angles up. Good luck with the install. I will hopefully be able to post some pics this weekend as my car is not at my house at the moment.

Thanks, this definitely helped. I was able to get it started, but got to throw it on ramps tomorrow to get the bottom clamps tightened up , hard to tell if its got enough lip on the bottom but I guess we'll find out shortly.

bunits19714

Established Member
Mine was installed on my boss intake from the get go and mine went together flawlessly - had to push the ac line slightly back as per the instructions but had no issues at all- never had a any piping come loose or off either at 16 psi- for 3 seasons so far. Sure it is just re manipulating the cold side piping to contort to the new position of the throttle body. Are you switch the 18 manifold on your car to a boss for testing and education purpose? - Your car will be quicker on the 18 manifold hands down until you go converter and all out racing. Just the fact.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
This is what the procharger piping looks like installed with the boss. As you can see I was able to get everything to clamp down, it just took a little work.
20180615_175647.jpg

20180615_175652.jpg

20180615_175703.jpg

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thanks, yeah I eventually got it, just took some coaxing while on ramps to move the bottom pipe up a bit further with all the piping loosened up, just a pita.

Users who are viewing this thread