procharger stage II kit install questions

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Hey, im installing a procharger stage II kit on my car and its really easy to do, i just have a couple questions reguarding the install though.

What exactly do i need to trim inside the front fascia? I havent had the chance to mock up the front fascia yet, so idk what ill need to trim.

Also, can i keep that lower front splash guard (The one that connects underneath the front fascia, it's not apart of the fascia) It's black and is the same length of the front fascia, i just dont know what its called. Or will i need to hack it up? Or can i just leave it off the car?

And should i upgrade to a D1sc head unit? I have the p1sc right now with a 4.38" pulley on it, im looking to make around 600rwhp and 500 rwtrq with room to grow when needed/desired.

If anyone needs me to post pics of that lower splash guard i will, i dont know what it's called and i tried to explain it the best i could, haha

this might help

[ame=http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76005]WWW.S197FORUM.COM[/ame]

King 5.0

Established Member
I have a p1. Can someone explain the wastgate and all please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

CPRsm

If you want 10 psi, you pulley it to make more, say 15 psi. Since both of those will hit their prerspective boost levels at red line. When pullied for 15 it will see 10 psi at says 5k instead of 7k. You use the wastegate to keep it from actually going to 15 psi. Only real draw back if you will be heating up the charge air more than you would have been at 10 psi.

SicShelby09

Banned
If you want 10 psi, you pulley it to make more, say 15 psi. Since both of those will hit their prerspective boost levels at red line. When pullied for 15 it will see 10 psi at says 5k instead of 7k. You use the wastegate to keep it from actually going to 15 psi. Only real draw back if you will be heating up the charge air more than you would have been at 10 psi.

I would rather use the inlet restrictor. ECS has been doing this with the C5/C6 corvette paxton kits for years and there is little to no difference in inlet temps. Not anything that would effect HP. And furthermore, they make tq curves like positive displacement blowers with that setup. You cant ask for more. Learn it, love it.

Check out the dyno graph of this 07 C6. Look at those curves.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...to-back-ls2-base-supercharger-sc600-kits.html

So, we are here to show you our "worst." We see & complete numerous blower kits daily. These two kits are on base LS2 cars, with absolutely no modifications besides the SC600 package. This is your very tame, quiet (Wife won't know), combination that is our base kit. However, this same base kit can bring you into the 9-second capable range if you do desire down the line!

nc0g48.jpg

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
Although those torque curves look good, its still a LS2 and has more cubes.

SicShelby09

Banned
Although those torque curves look good, its still a LS2 and has more cubes.

I had an 07 C6 bone stock with the vortech kit without the restrictor with a 3.8" pulley and my car made 548/481. That car had a 3.6" pulley See the difference between that one and mine without the restrictor? Not to mention our cars make those very similar numbers without the cubes. That doesnt matter, its being able to spin the blower faster and take advantage of that aspect without letting it unleash its full potential at the top RPMs. I just talked to Matt over there at ECS, and he said he would be happy to sell their restrictor ring that they custom make to anyone seperately, not just in the kit. Even mustang owners. When I get my kit, Im getting that ring. It goes in the inlet side of the blower.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
My wastegate setup works quite well. And the iat difference is hardly noticeable. Plus it's way easier to turn a knob for more boost then to pull out some restricter

Users who are viewing this thread