procharger stage II kit install questions

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, im installing a procharger stage II kit on my car and its really easy to do, i just have a couple questions reguarding the install though.

What exactly do i need to trim inside the front fascia? I havent had the chance to mock up the front fascia yet, so idk what ill need to trim.

Also, can i keep that lower front splash guard (The one that connects underneath the front fascia, it's not apart of the fascia) It's black and is the same length of the front fascia, i just dont know what its called. Or will i need to hack it up? Or can i just leave it off the car?

And should i upgrade to a D1sc head unit? I have the p1sc right now with a 4.38" pulley on it, im looking to make around 600rwhp and 500 rwtrq with room to grow when needed/desired.

If anyone needs me to post pics of that lower splash guard i will, i dont know what it's called and i tried to explain it the best i could, haha

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I'm installing my stage two this weekend so maybe this post will help us both out. I upgraded to the d1sc when I ordered my kit. It was only an extra 200 I think but if you already have the p1sc a d1sc will be a lot of money. I'm fairly sure the trimming you will need to do is trim the inner bumper cover to clear the intercooler. How many psi will you be running? I'm converting to e85 and I'm pullied for 12psi. The car is at sho-me speed right now getting the long tube headers installed. I tried to do it myself and couldn't get them in without a lift. After seeing the shop do it I'm glad I ponied up the money and let them do it. What a pita! I am going to do the fuel system and procharger install myself though. Good luck and keep us posted.

2011redcandy

Established Member
You should have upgraded when you bought the kit, it costs $1500 to send out your P1 and have it rebuilt into a D1. I called and asked because I almost picked up a used stage2 kit w/ a P1 but if I do it I want the D1.

kingnut

Established Member
whats the difference between the P1 and D1? i saw the option to upgrade but it didnt tell me the difference.

2011redcandy

Established Member
If I did the PC I would do a wastegated setup. Pulley a D1 for 18psi ish and run 9psi. Start building boost earlier and reach peak boost quicker. A lot of people dont like centris on these cars because you dont feel a lot of power until very high in the rpm range, a wastegated setup can help with that.

Bad Intention

Established Member
Hey, im installing a procharger stage II kit on my car and its really easy to do, i just have a couple questions reguarding the install though.

What exactly do i need to trim inside the front fascia? I havent had the chance to mock up the front fascia yet, so idk what ill need to trim.

You will have to do a good amout of triming to the back side of the facia. I trimmed and test fit multiple times.
Also, can i keep that lower front splash guard (The one that connects underneath the front fascia, it's not apart of the fascia) It's black and is the same length of the front fascia, i just dont know what its called. Or will i need to hack it up? Or can i just leave it off the car? If you are talking about flat pan that is under the car. I never put mine back on.

And should i upgrade to a D1sc head unit? I have the p1sc right now with a 4.38" pulley on it, im looking to make around 600rwhp and 500 rwtrq with room to grow when needed/desired. Like stated above it is 15-1600 for them to turn your P1 into D1. Im running P1 on 9lbs boost (4" pulley) and first clean passes were made last Wed 10.61 @ 130 and 10.58 @ 130.90

If anyone needs me to post pics of that lower splash guard i will, i dont know what it's called and i tried to explain it the best i could, haha

:beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
whats the difference between the P1 and D1? i saw the option to upgrade but it didnt tell me the difference.

The D1 is more efficient than the P1. I think the gearing is different so with the same pulley size on both blowers, the D1 will make more boost.

gimpy2011

Established Member

I had to cut out a substantial amount of my CS valance and the corners out of the foglight housings just to get the bumper back on.

Also, can i keep that lower front splash guard (The one that connects underneath the front fascia, it's not apart of the fascia) It's black and is the same length of the front fascia, i just dont know what its called. Or will i need to hack it up? Or can i just leave it off the car?

I left mine off but im pretty sure you could install it with some trimming.

And should i upgrade to a D1sc head unit? I have the p1sc right now with a 4.38" pulley on it, im looking to make around 600rwhp and 500 rwtrq with room to grow when needed/desired.

Get the D1 if you plan on turning up the wick later on down the road. If I didnt buy my kit used I would have bought the D1 over the P1. You will be able to pull 600rwhp easy with the P1 at 9-10# but the efficiency starts to go down hill after that.

Other than the bumper trimming the kit is extremely easy to install and get running. Good luck!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I bought my kit off of a guy and he didnt get the D1sc upgrade, idk why if it was only a $200 option. Maybe next winter ill get around to sending out the p1sc to procharger and upgrade to a D1sc.

Turbo900rr: I installed longtubes on my 04 and it was a PITA. I have a lift though so it wasnt too bad, but still a shitty install. I have an o/r X now, when i upgrade to a D1 next year ill probably get a nice set of longtubes. What fuel system are you installing? I just have the Gt500 injectors and a BAP.

2011redcandy: Thanks for the price, $1500 is a lot compared to the $200 when first buying the kit. Idk why the guy didnt just get the D1 in the first place. Oh well.

Bad Intention: Thanks! i dont think i will be putting the pan back on the car. Just trim the inner bumper and be done with it.

Gimpy2011: I already have the blower/intercooler installed. They were fairly easy to do. Tomorrow im going to tackle the piping, the fan, and the coolant tank. Right now i just have a 4.38" Pulley, which is 8 psi i think? That should be enough power for now, or until i start breaking stuff. Like i said above, next winter im going to upgrade parts.

Thanks for the reply's! I appreciate it and should have the kit installed in a few days, taking my time.

Turbo900rr

Established Member
Dual 340 stealth pumps -8 supply -6 return lines, metro fuel rails and 80 lb injectors. I'll let you know how the pumps and injectors keep up.

RusWolf

Established Member
Hey guys since there several of you running PC kits already.
How is it comapring to paxton kit ?
I spoke with PC about it and besides pretty much saying that they have been doing it for awhile and dedicated belt system no other valid points were brought up.

Why did you choose ProCharger over Vortech/Paxton ?

I have heard that procharger usually makes good power BUT reliability is suffering in the long run. Is that true ? Have any of you had ANY problems ?

thanks.

KenB

Established Member
If I did the PC I would do a wastegated setup. Pulley a D1 for 18psi ish and run 9psi. Start building boost earlier and reach peak boost quicker. A lot of people dont like centris on these cars because you dont feel a lot of power until very high in the rpm range, a wastegated setup can help with that.

While a wastegate on a blower like that is an ok idea, I wouldn't use it like you are saying if I'm reading it correctly. I would only use the wastegate to ramp in to the final boost level.

With your example, if you were wanting to run 18 psi but ramp it in, that is an ok way to do it.

But if you are suggesting having a 18psi pulley but never running more than 9, I think that's a bad idea. The reason being is you will be creating ALOT of unwanted and unnecessary heat. These blowers already run hot and the PC intercooler isn't very good.

We just ran 9.87@139 with a D1 @16psi on E85. But just think of how quick it would have been if the air temps weren't 180-200!

BryanW

Established Member

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I worked on the install thiis weekend and like Jimbo said it's going good so far. The only problems I've had has to do with my lack of tools. I had some fuel lines made and they turned out awesome. My biggest hangups so far was dropping the fuel tank to get the hat out easier and getting the crankshaft bolt out so I can install the pulley. The engineering and instructions for the procharger is outstanding. I couldn't be happier.

YBBrembo

Established Member
While a wastegate on a blower like that is an ok idea, I wouldn't use it like you are saying if I'm reading it correctly. I would only use the wastegate to ramp in to the final boost level.

With your example, if you were wanting to run 18 psi but ramp it in, that is an ok way to do it.

But if you are suggesting having a 18psi pulley but never running more than 9, I think that's a bad idea. The reason being is you will be creating ALOT of unwanted and unnecessary heat. These blowers already run hot and the PC intercooler isn't very good.

We just ran 9.87@139 with a D1 @16psi on E85. But just think of how quick it would have been if the air temps weren't 180-200!

New here, so I'm just getting acquainted with the boards. But, wouldn't installing an inlet restrictor ahead of the blower, instead of a wastegate, be a simpler and cheaper solution? I did just that on an old TPI Corvette; ran a 15psi pulley, and installed an inlet restrictor to limit boost to 10psi.

080412_105210.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread