Procharger powerpipe finished-pics

Erich

Established Member
Here are a few shots. It was not all that easy to get that thing to fit. I used polished aluminum 4 inch tubing consisiting of 90 degree and 45 degree bends, a small piece of straight on the end of the 45 and a big old K&N filter. I'm running the bypass open so no fitting for that. In one shot you can sort of see where the valve cover vent goes to. I drilled a 7/8 inch hole and put a grommet in there and then used a plastic hosebarb.
Car modifications to get it to fit: Obviously the hole in the fender needed enlarging-that was done a while ago. There is a ground tab in the front by the fender that I cut off. I modified the radiator bracket alot-cut it in half trimmed it then welded it back together. The radiator was lowered just slightly. The hood closes without modification.
DSC03175.jpg

DSC03164.jpg

Here you can see the clearance-not bad. One more 45 degree in the fenderwell would make the filter easier to mess with.
DSC03169.jpg

hard to work with that polished stuff without scratching.
Erich

mustanginky

Established Member
i'd like to see some pics of it assembled outside of the car, if that would be possible so I can see how some of the bends go. it would be appreciated anyways. thanks and that thing looks great.

NoRdO

Established Member
Great job, I'm thinking about doing this on my 99'. That thing looks great. What did it cost you to make it?

Erich

Established Member
Allgo90-yeah, they do look very similar. Your setup in the other thread convinced me that I would be able to get the 4 inch 90 degree to fit. I notice you have the 45 degree bend with a little shorter "legs" than mine. I'll bet that makes it fit better. Do you also have another bend in the fenderwell? In my setup, the coupler is taking some of the place of your 45.

The place that tuned my car said that I was losing 30 to 50 hp with the small K and N and plastic procharger pipe (that is smaller than the blower inlet). We shall eventually see. I don't even really have a handle on how much power this car is making on the street.

It may be hard to get the pipe in there if it were one piece.
Erich

allgo90

Established Member
Allgo90-yeah, they do look very similar. Your setup in the other thread convinced me that I would be able to get the 4 inch 90 degree to fit. I notice you have the 45 degree bend with a little shorter "legs" than mine. I'll bet that makes it fit better. Do you also have another bend in the fenderwell? In my setup, the coupler is taking some of the place of your 45.

When i bought my Procharger kit used it came with the anderson powerpipe. The rubber coupler that bolts to the blower in the kit is garbage though...it would not stay on the blower because it was about 1/2 inch too big.

The pipe in the fender is from the actual anderson kit and does bend a bit. i also did not have to cut the radiator support with these pipes that i bought at the local auto parts. I dont own a welder so i made do with what i had.

Erich

Established Member
I tried a 4 inch coupler on that blower just to see. So loose. Gotta have the 3.75" one. That was possible to stretch to 4 inch on the 90 degree.
Here are some costs:
90 degree 4 inch polished aluminum bend-$33.92
45 degree 4 inch polished aluminum bend-$33.92
4 inch coupler-$10.69 x 2
3.75 inch coupler-$10.29
T-bolt clamps-$3.50 x lots of them for pressure side
From http://www.verociousmotorsports.com
Erich

Users who are viewing this thread