ProCharger P1SC Shaft Play?

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
What should I look at when inspecting a used P1SC? I know I should check for shaft play, is ANY amount normal, even small, whether it's when pushing/pulling or if moving it side-to-side? What else should I check for? The used kit I'm checking out tomorrow also includes 42# injectors, mounting accessories, tubing, and a Core 3 air-to-air intercooler. Anything I should look for on that? Thanks!

[EDIT]

From my understanding, in/out shaft play is BAD, just not sure how much, but I believe it shouldn't move at all. Side-to-side shaft play is fine as long as it's not a lot and the blades aren't scraping. Is this correct? Can somebody answer my other questions as well? Thanks!

Swaie

Established Member
If you turn the pulpy back and forth you will hear a little noise. As far as shaft play the should be hardy none. There will be a little bit but it shouldn't be noticable. I would call procharger and ask them. They prettymuch walked me through my inspection of the one I bought.

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Yeah, there's no shaft play in the one I bought so there's no problem there. Also, as for the pulley, mine too. If I turn it back and forth, it makes a small noise, but ProCharger told me it's normal, and it's called gear backlash.

Users who are viewing this thread