Procharger P1SC play size?

00stang37

Established Member
Procharger P1SC pulley size?

Hey guys. Just bought a procharger p1sc kit and am going to run a CX racing front mount intercooler but I'm not sure what pully size to run.

The car is a 2000 GT with the following mods
MAC cai
Accufab 75mm tb
C&l plenum
Bassani off-road x pipe
Borla "quiet" catback

I'm looking to be in the range of 375-400rwhp max to keep it safe on the stock block.

I may or may not pick up an Anderson power pipe also

I've hear for to get around 8-9psi through the intercooler I would have to run a 3.4 pulley. Does that abound about right?

Thanks guys

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
Been running a 3.4 on my GT for 4 years or so making 390-400. The 3.8 pulley hardly ever saw maybe around 7lbs through the 3 core procharger I/c...Don't quote me on this but i just had it retuned and its making roughly 11lbs making 407rwhp...but I'm running a fine screen on the inlet instead of a powerpipe or inlet (running it like this makes slighly more boost but risks damage to blower if something gets through)

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
3.4 is going to get you closer to 12lbs. My buddy and I both ran 3.85 pulleys (02 GT and 04 GT) for 8 psi at 6k with the stock plastic procharger inlet and procharger 3 core intercooler. We both had full exhaust with longtubes only difference was he had patriot stage 2 heads with comp 270 cams. I made 404 he made 425 to the wheels.

edit: with a CX cooler you'll probably see more loss in boost. I agree with slowassgt 3.6 is probably what you want. His setup is very close to yours it sounds like.

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
with my 3.4 making 407, only other mods are 78mm tb/plenum, midpipe and exhaust. Its running just a screen on the inlet right now so its making another lb or so than it would with an inlet elbow. Working on making something custom out of aluminum pipe for the inlet, something mimicing stock but bigger. Honestly the powerpipes are a waste, i had a big custom one made that went down into fender...only made 391 with it

gifted01gt

Established Member
I run a 3.6 pulley making 9psi with a 3 core procharger intercooler, blower cams and p-51 intake. Put down 471rwhp/414rwtq through a 5 speed.

00stang37

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. Based on the responses I was between a 3.4 and 3.6 pulley so I ended up going with a 3.5 (didn't know they made them at first). I will post up dyno results and a complete mod list when all is said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread