Procharger P-1SC

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Since I've been reading that KB's don't respond very well to the 96-98 cobras, I've been in the market for some alternatives.

How does the P-1SC hold up on my style cobra, and is it one of the better choices to get? I'm looking to have the same types of gain that a turbocharged system would give me (ie. Helion), I just don't want to spend an upwards of 7 grand to do it (ie Helion).

I've heard alot of good about this system, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences. Basicially I'm looking for the best gain from a charger I can get for my style engine. Defenitely something streetable but possibly a Z06 killer. If theres any systems that are better or one that responds BEST to the 96-98 cobras, please let me know.

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

SeankySnake

Established Member
Since I've been reading that KB's don't respond very well to the 96-98 cobras, I've been in the market for some alternatives.

How does the P-1SC hold up on my style cobra, and is it one of the better choices to get? I'm looking to have the same types of gain that a turbocharged system would give me (ie. Helion), I just don't want to spend an upwards of 7 grand to do it (ie Helion).

I've heard alot of good about this system, but I'd like to hear some personal experiences. Basicially I'm looking for the best gain from a charger I can get for my style engine. Defenitely something streetable but possibly a Z06 killer. If theres any systems that are better or one that responds BEST to the 96-98 cobras, please let me know.

Thanks in advance guys

As far as KB's not responding well to your year I do not know anyone with a 96 and up 4V that is unhappy witht their KB .:poke: If you are looking some pefromance equivilant to a Hellion kit, you might as well get the D1SC with the 3 core intercooler. OR the F1 kit with the 3 core intercooler.

Last edited:

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
my car with P1SC has no problems with pre 05 Z06s, unless they have serious mods.

I can not hang with the new Z06s, closest I haev been is a car behind and him inching away

I am on stock 97 engine and 10 lbs P1SC, the car hauls....

plus turbos are notoriously tough to tune and like to melt sh1t

the KB for the B heads is a joke IMO, the procharger will always track it down and pass it, unless there is something wrong with the car

Last edited:

SVTContique

I am on stock 97 engine and 10 lbs P1SC, the car hauls....

Are you kidding me? Melt shit? Hows that?

Get a D1SC and run 8psi on it. you can only make around 400whp safe on the stock bottom end which will let you get the edge on some C5 Z06's but not C6's.

The only way your car will ever be like a turbo car is if you build the motor and put a turbo on it.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member

the KB for the B heads is a joke IMO, the procharger will always track it down and pass it, unless there is something wrong with the car

Talk about a blanket statement! What experiences do you have with turbo's melting stuff?! Cause that sounds like some quality operator error. Properly setup i've never seen anyone melt anything with their turbo.

And why do u say the B-headed KB is a joke? The only downfall of the system is that it's non-intercooled which is the reason why a intercooled procharger system would 'track it down and pass it'

OP please do some research on whatever you decided and don't just take advice like this guy's offering when obviously he's just bashing what he doesn't know about anything other than centri blowers.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
Kb's run good on them and so do procharger kits. It just comes down to what you want or like.

my buddy has a p-1sc on his with 8lbs and a mail order tune and made 402rwhp..not to bad.

but honestly if you want the procharger kit, upgrade the P-1sc kit to a D-1sc head unit for $300 more when you buy it. otherwise it is $1375 later if you want to upgrade. and the D-1sc is a much better unit.

but ya turbo's are awsome and don't have the issues that were said. If a tuner is a good one he can tune turbo's fine. And a quality one won't melt.

Last edited:

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Forgot to clarify, when I rebuilt my engine I forged it, so its ready for FI.

Yeah I've been reading about a bunch of different things. I've always been really partial to turbos, because any video of a turbo'ed cobra I have seen has been a mass murder. Also they're not as common in mustangs. The kits are just so expensive to purchase, thats the only downside.

The reason I asked about the P-1SC is because thats the only one the procharger site said you could put on my style cobra, not the D-1SC, so my mistake haha.

All in all I guess I'm just going to get a bank loan when I've got her paid off, turbo her, and top it off with some mean FI cams.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member

melted plug wires, coil cover, and anything else near the strut towers on my turbo'd lx, true enough totally different car, but my experience was constantly replacing header gaskets, plug wires, etc, etc

Talk about a blanket statement! What experiences do you have with turbo's melting stuff?! Cause that sounds like some quality operator error. Properly setup i've never seen anyone melt anything with their turbo.

read above, I have enough experience

And why do u say the B-headed KB is a joke? The only downfall of the system is that it's non-intercooled which is the reason why a intercooled procharger system would 'track it down and pass it'

you just answered yourself, thanks for saving me time

OP please do some research on whatever you decided and don't just take advice like this guy's offering when obviously he's just bashing what he doesn't know about anything other than centri blowers.

I've had a KB 1.5, P600, and P1SC on my 97, I think I know what works best between them. Dont make "blanket" assumptions, I've been in this mustang game for a while...had plenty different combos from pushrod to 2v and 4v.

equal drivers, 8lbs vs 8lbs, the IC'd prcharger will run the KB down, on B headed cars every time, sorry but its true.[/quote]

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member

Get a D1SC and run 8psi on it. you can only make around 400whp safe on the stock bottom end which will let you get the edge on some C5 Z06's but not C6's.

The only way your car will ever be like a turbo car is if you build the motor and put a turbo on it.

I was making 495rwhp safe on the stock bottom end for about 6 months of thrashing before I decided to rebuild the motor. It looked perfect inside when I opened it up, so these motors can take a lot more then 400 with stock internals. It all comes down to the tune. I do all my own tuning lately which I think has been the key to my motors longevity. I just don't trust people with my car to make it perform. Once I get my dyno, it will be a hell of a lot easier to tune the car. As for now, it takes a nice long stretch of deserted road to get things done.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread