procharger or other form for my 03 cobra

1slo4.6

Established Member
i really like the idea of have a procharger f1a straped in but i hear from some people that there not that great and then i hear from others that they pull like a motha. i would like to know from people that have had them, has them or has installed them what they think of the idea of me getting a f1a set up for my car. i also hear that procharger is comming out with a 12rib setup to replace the 6rib if not i can always go a cog route. please let me know what you think, thanks

Rwick7

Established Member
If they have a good clean way to do a 10-12 rib setup it might be worth it. I had one and will never have another ATI product again, but thats me, you may have better luck

blownstang01

Established Member
I know it's not exactly what your asking but, I have the '03 kit w/ a P1SC. I made an 8 rib conversion and am getting a consistent 18lbs. boost (measured after the factory intercooler) and yes it does pull like a frieght train. As far as complaints I have none because I knew what to expect from a centri. Sure I lost some low end but all I ever did with the ported Apten was spin anyways. Now it spins the tires @ 60 mph ! I also have a 4R70W with a Level Ten Billet convertor which helps. The best thing is my IAT2 temps are running about 120 degrees after several hard runs.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Seems like the only complaints now are where the real power is made. Going from an Eaton or KB to a centri is a big difference. You don't start making the big number until you are about out of RPM. Some of these guys are PSI junkies. As long as you understand how the power is made and where it comes in, you'll love it. I've hear more good then bad at this point.
Got to agree with blownstang01. It makes it much easier to get off the line.
Good luck.

1slo4.6

Established Member
yea i def agree espically with street tires you spin like crazy , i also hear that adding some custom cams with the set up will help alot with the hp num and ammount of boost to be made, being that i dont know shit :shrug: its another great question to put out here thanks for the help guys, i really just want something different and all the 03-04 have kb or whipples i need to be dfferent :burnout:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
do it

I have an 03 cobra with p1sc2 procharger on it.. I am making 625 with 14#s of boost and it pulls nice. I have a 4.10 gear and getting a solid axle swap in like a week. I have long tube headers, h pipe and magnaflows. Accufab throttle body, dual focus pumps and 60#injectors. Its fun, i drive around with nitto drag radials. Next we are stepping up to 19# s of boost and larger fuel rails.. Might ad 50 shot of nos too. The blower pulls like a mother, thats why i want my solid axle so i can launch at 5k! GL www.musclemustangs.org

Slo01Cobra

Established Member
I love my procharger/ported heads/cams and from 4k to 7k it exceeds most hp and tq numbers of the ported aptens. If your racing, anything under 4k is worthless anyway.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
stlblack03 said:
If they have a good clean way to do a 10-12 rib setup it might be worth it. I had one and will never have another ATI product again, but thats me, you may have better luck

which blower did you run the 11.7 with?

Users who are viewing this thread