Procharger HO kit intercooler

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Well i received my procharger HO kit today and to my knowledge i heard that they re did did the HO intercooler but i didnt think it would be this much different.

it is much taller and now goes from left to right flow instead of vertical and will hang down lower in the bumper for better flow like the stage II

here are pics

c0eeee84.jpg

263a50fd.jpg

bd530396.jpg

CPRsm

How much boost is that thing supposed to cool ? The only part that will see air across the core won't actually be cooling charge air.

acrbill

Established Member
7psi. How do you know? You have this exact same intercooler on your car?

What he means is that the inlet it up high and most of the air will move across the core there. The part that is below the bumper won't have as much air through the core.

King 5.0

Established Member
a6cd0a8e-1753-2c0e.jpg

Looks good when you install it. But I'm bout to upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

CPRsm

7psi. How do you know? You have this exact same intercooler on your car?
Because I have two of them here and I design intercoolers for a living.;-)

Ah that's better. Didn't know if it was going to be tall enough to see fresh air at the top. That's where are the charge air will be passing. Glad they went thru the trouble not to make it a double pass. Would have been easier, but that's an absolute HORRIBLE idea.

RusWolf

Established Member
Looks strange.
OP i think you should have went with either stage 2 kit or paxton or even vortech kit.

now i'm glad i listened to everyone i spoke with and went with something else.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Looks strange.
OP i think you should have went with either stage 2 kit or paxton or even vortech kit.

now i'm glad i listened to everyone i spoke with and went with something else.

Na I'm happy with what I have. I will enjoy my kit. Don't like vortech or paxton because they don't have a dedicated drive. But to each his own.

kingnut

Established Member
just wondering would it be possible to mount a thin SPAL fan on that intercooler or would that be unnecessary?

acrbill

Established Member
Na I'm happy with what I have. I will enjoy my kit. Don't like vortech or paxton because they don't have a dedicated drive. But to each his own.

LOL definitely be happy with what you have. The old design put it behind the bumper. You would have been better off without an intercooler at that point.

I like the Procharger over the Vortech because there is no real cutting to be done.

RusWolf

Established Member

For sure man !

I was torn between PC and PAX kits.
Dedicated belt is nice, but really no belt slippage or rips with other kits below 17 psi. Above 17 psi belt needs to be upgraded.

acrbill: that's true. For an HO kit.

Standard vortech or paxton kits are pretty much like stage 2 PC as far as intercooler goes. With stage 2 PC there is cutting involved.

But the fact that PC is easier to install is a fact and a big plus for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread