Procharger guys here

00stang

Established Member
I was pricing an autometer wideband gauge and it was 300 my cost, and i get a good discount. What are you guys using and could i just use an air/fuel ratio? What other gauges you guys running?

SVTContique

Innovate. Its a good unit and apparently reads the best, but its a pain in the ass to install as are all widebands due to the amount of wring and how finiky the grounds are.

A word of advice, run the gorunds into the engine bay... soooo much better and easier.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I am using an AEM wideband 260$ oxygen sensor included as well as hardwear to mount on h-pipe. All i needed to do was weld the extra bunge for the oxygen sensor.

blownaltered

Established Member
My innovate guage sucks, never has worked. Even rewired it, matter of fact I know one guy that is works great on his car and I know another guy that Innovate had to replace his because it was faulty. I think you have a 50/50 shot if its going to work or not.

allgo90

Established Member
I am using an AEM wideband 260$ oxygen sensor included as well as hardwear to mount on h-pipe. All i needed to do was weld the extra bunge for the oxygen sensor.

Im looking into getting a wideband, you sound pretty convincing..do you have a link where you bought it from?

Helomech74

Established Member
I am running the PLX stuff. I have the SM-AFR box, DM-100 gauge, and the SM-Vac Boost sensor. It is by the far the best Wideband I have ever used. Unlike my old POS Innovate garbage, the PLX actually works. The PLX does not require free air calibration, doesn't lose it's calibration like the innovate, and it's very accurate. The DM-100 gauge is by far one of the nicest units out. It can display quite a bit of information. I use it in conjunction with the PLX SM-Vac Boost sensor, so it will also show a line graph that references boost level and AFR together. no other gauge on the market does this as far as I know. It will also record and playback the last 8-10 seconds of a log as well which is real nice when tuning on the street or running at the drag strip.

I do all my own tuning and have been using the PLX with great success. I have confirmed my tunes on a dyno, and they are spot on. The PLX stuff is awesome.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Im looking into getting a wideband, you sound pretty convincing..do you have a link where you bought it from?

I got mine from a place called stripper motor sports in Florida they were the cheapest at the time at $255 shipped. However they must have closed up shop because they do not have a website anymore.

However this place seems to have it the cheapest now:
http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=132

It comes with interchangeable bezels black/sliver and also interchangeable face plates white/black..

Last edited:

SVTContique

I am running the PLX stuff. I have the SM-AFR box, DM-100 gauge, and the SM-Vac Boost sensor. It is by the far the best Wideband I have ever used. Unlike my old POS Innovate garbage, the PLX actually works. The PLX does not require free air calibration, doesn't lose it's calibration like the innovate, and it's very accurate. The DM-100 gauge is by far one of the nicest units out. It can display quite a bit of information. I use it in conjunction with the PLX SM-Vac Boost sensor, so it will also show a line graph that references boost level and AFR together. no other gauge on the market does this as far as I know. It will also record and playback the last 8-10 seconds of a log as well which is real nice when tuning on the street or running at the drag strip.

I do all my own tuning and have been using the PLX with great success. I have confirmed my tunes on a dyno, and they are spot on. The PLX stuff is awesome.

Price?

allgo90

Established Member
I got mine from a place called stripper motor sports in Florida they were the cheapest at the time at $255 shipped. However they must have closed up shop because they do not have a website anymore.

However this place seems to have it the cheapest now:
http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=132

It comes with interchangeable bezels black/sliver and also interchangeable face plates white/black..

Thats awesome man thanks :beer:. Im going to order that one soon.. got any pics of yours?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Thats awesome man thanks :beer:. Im going to order that one soon.. got any pics of yours?

No Problem, Very easy install and looks great..

Here is mine after i just installed it on my steering column.
img3808largere2.jpg

Helomech74

Established Member

For just the SM-AFR and the DM-100 gauge it was 379.00 I added the SM-Vac Boost sensor for another 95 bucks. The cool thing about the DM-100 gauge is that it can show 4 different parameters. It can show boost, AFR, EGT, and Water temp. I only use the AFR, and Boost reference. I also have a standard Autometer Vac/Boost gauge that I use as well. I just installed the PLX boost sensor so I could log the boost and AFR curve. If you use an SCT Xcal2 or 3 you can datalog with the PLX to the tuner/laptop. Pretty cool stuff. Check out:

http://www.tricktuners.com/

on the side of the home page click on the PLX devices and read all about them.

To read about the DM-100 gauge you need to click on the IMFD programable gauges link on that site.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
But does it matter if i just use an air fuel? I'm not going to be tuning anything myself.

IMO,after investing all of my money into a power adder and/or built engine,I would definitely get a wideband. A air/fuel gauge is good for nothing but a light show,and doesnt give off accurate air fuel readings. I know,even though you arent tuning the car,you still want to have a peace of mind that you can shut the car off anytime you see that your AF's arent correct. Not a likely case,but you never know what could happen.

SVTContique

For just the SM-AFR and the DM-100 gauge it was 379.00 I added the SM-Vac Boost sensor for another 95 bucks. The cool thing about the DM-100 gauge is that it can show 4 different parameters. It can show boost, AFR, EGT, and Water temp. I only use the AFR, and Boost reference. I also have a standard Autometer Vac/Boost gauge that I use as well. I just installed the PLX boost sensor so I could log the boost and AFR curve. If you use an SCT Xcal2 or 3 you can datalog with the PLX to the tuner/laptop. Pretty cool stuff. Check out:

http://www.tricktuners.com/

on the side of the home page click on the PLX devices and read all about them.

To read about the DM-100 gauge you need to click on the IMFD programable gauges link on that site.

Looks like a good setup If i ever upgrade im staying away from Innovate, its way to finnicky... its annoying to say the least.

IMO,after investing all of my money into a power adder and/or built engine,I would definitely get a wideband. A air/fuel gauge is good for nothing but a light show,and doesnt give off accurate air fuel readings. I know,even though you arent tuning the car,you still want to have a peace of mind that you can shut the car off anytime you see that your AF's arent correct. Not a likely case,but you never know what could happen.

Yea, my tune was out a bit after a while, my AFR was down to 11.0 so i leaned out the AFR 3% at WOT, now it runs like a champ, I wouldnt have it any other way. The wideband is so awesome to know how your car is running.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Looks like a good setup If i ever upgrade im staying away from Innovate, its way to finnicky... its annoying to say the least.

Yea, my tune was out a bit after a while, my AFR was down to 11.0 so i leaned out the AFR 3% at WOT, now it runs like a champ, I wouldnt have it any other way. The wideband is so awesome to know how your car is running.

This man speaks the truth. I cant wait until I get my built motor/power adder and can use a Wideband.:rolling:

Silver o1

Let the spooling begin
Established Member
I got the innovate LC-1 and installed it 2 weeks ago. Did the free air calibration 3 times and it still doesn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread