ProCharger Guru Needed - First Oil Change

2005redgt

Established Member
The ProCharger is my first s/c and I am ignorant of the first oil change. I removed the unit, removed the magnetized oil plug and let her drip clean.

Holy crap! It looks like metallic split-pea soup. Can anyone provide some feedback on the oil change on a ProCharger ... should it be green murky, charcoal with a metallic look ?

-Bryan

SVTHorsnake

Banned
2005redgt said:
The ProCharger is my first s/c and I am ignorant of the first oil change. I removed the unit, removed the magnetized oil plug and let her drip clean.

Holy crap! It looks like metallic split-pea soup. Can anyone provide some feedback on the oil change on a ProCharger ... should it be green murky, charcoal with a metallic look ?

-Bryan

I don't think that's very good unless it's normal for some sort of break in period... either way though, why did you take the head unit OFF?

2005redgt

Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
I don't think that's very good unless it's normal for some sort of break in period... either way though, why did you take the head unit OFF?

The responses I have gotten from several people is it is normal for the ProCharger to have a very mettalic , grey color since there is only 6 oz of fl;uid and no filter.

I removed the head unti becuase it is difficult to get to the drain plug on the 05 Stang. Wiht the right tools I have it off, drained and back in the 20 minutes. No big deal :) Too me longer just to "attempt" to get to the drain before I removed it.

-Bryan

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Very normal on the P1SC. I like taking the head unit off imo. Makes for a change alot easier. It's only a 20 minute job to pull it off at most. Once you get used to pulling it off often it will be 20 minute to take it off and put it back on. Drain her clean let her dry for a bit then fill her back up with a new bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread