Procharger goodness..

Helomech74

Established Member
I decided to polish my Cog brackets and the F1R's volute for the new build. Mounted them up to the new engine and took a few pictures. I'll be building my crank support over the next few weeks, but I need my new damper first (I've been waiting on ATI to get it finished for about 3 weeks now.) The MMR intake that's on there isn't going to be used, I have another one that's been modified pretty heavily, but it's out getting anodized and a custom logo etched into it, should look pretty damn nice when it's done. I still have LOTS of work to do before this gets dropped into it's new home. Hope to have it all done, tuned, running and the car ready to go sometime next year. I'm going to attempt to get this into KOTS next year if I can, only time will tell. I think this combo should be good for some pretty big numbers.

Anyway, here we go:

DSC00487.gif

DSC00481.gif

DSC00489.gif

DSC00494.gif

DSC00493.gif

DSC00491.gif

DSC00486.gif

J-Betschart

Established Member
Hot damn that looks good. Have you ever ran that intake before? The MMR one it is, If so did you like it or have any problems with it? Thanks

-Jordan

Helomech74

Established Member
Hot damn that looks good. Have you ever ran that intake before? The MMR one it is, If so did you like it or have any problems with it? Thanks

-Jordan

I've never run the intake before, but I know a few people that have. They lost a good bit of torque down low, but they picked up some great power up top, coupled with the right cams the intake should work pretty well. The one in the picture is still new and untouched. I have another one that I cut the plenum off of and welded in an additional 3" of runner length with belled ends, I also tapered the runners as well. Total length of the runners are now 8.25", not a huge difference, but should help to shift the power curve a little in my favor. I'm also running a set of custom cams that were designed around this build, I'm hoping for some big numbers with this setup, if not no big deal, at least it'll be unique.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Yeah It is going to be one hell of a ride , thats for sure. If you are selling that new mmr intake or ever plan to send me a PM. Thanks

-Jordan

Blackedout

Established Member
WOW.... Looks GREAT... Question - how would that intake be compared to the procharger intake ???

Helomech74

Established Member
Yes.... are there pros and cons for the longer runners ??

The longer runners generally will make more torque/power down in the power band. The MMR intake has a 5" runner and of course the volume of the runner is huge, so velocity is very low. This tends to make for great power way up in the rev range, but I don't want to spin this motor to the moon. So, I took another MMR intake that I had (it had some cosmetic flaws) and I cut the plenum off of it and added some runner length to it and tapered the runners a little to try to increase velocity a bit. This should help to shift the power curve over a little bit. I could have got more creative and added another inch, but I'll go with this and see what it does. I also have a nice ported short runner stock intake as well that I plan to do some comparative testing with.

I don't know anyone that's using the procharger intake on the 03/04 setup. I have a buddy that runs that setup, but he opted to use a Mach 1 intake instead.

Helomech74

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm taking this one slow (I've been gathering parts and building this for about 3 years now), so another year won't kill me. I just have to get through this next deployment and I'll get this finished.

Blackedout

Established Member
The longer runners generally will make more torque/power down in the power band. The MMR intake has a 5" runner and of course the volume of the runner is huge, so velocity is very low. This tends to make for great power way up in the rev range, but I don't want to spin this motor to the moon. So, I took another MMR intake that I had (it had some cosmetic flaws) and I cut the plenum off of it and added some runner length to it and tapered the runners a little to try to increase velocity a bit. This should help to shift the power curve over a little bit. I could have got more creative and added another inch, but I'll go with this and see what it does. I also have a nice ported short runner stock intake as well that I plan to do some comparative testing with.

I don't know anyone that's using the procharger intake on the 03/04 setup. I have a buddy that runs that setup, but he opted to use a Mach 1 intake instead.

I've got their intake on mine and just curious if there would be any gains and if so would it be worth changing..

What are your plans HP/TQ for this set up ??

Helomech74

Established Member
I've got their intake on mine and just curious if there would be any gains and if so would it be worth changing..

What are your plans HP/TQ for this set up ??

Are you still using the stock Air/water intercooler setup? You could switch to a Mach 1 or 99/01 Cobra intake and a nice A/A setup and probably pick up some good bottom end gains. Of course it would all depend on what you want out of your car in terms of performance or what it's purpose is (street car, race car, etc.) Mine is a street car that goes to the track once in awhile (I already have a dedicated drag car.)

As for power that it makes, I really don't know. I have a BB Modular 4v in my 88 coupe drag car with an F2M on the same cog brackets and it makes north of 900hp to the tire through a powerglide at about 28psi.

This one is going to be run through a T56 and a little less boost (20-22psi). It should make north of 750-800hp or so (if it makes more, great if not then I'll address that later). The motor is a 327ci BB/stroker so it's not going to be rev'd to the moon like my drag car. I know I can make over 900 close to 1000 if I run some Q16 in it and pulley it for max impeller rpm, but I won't run it on the street like that. The car is going to be run on E85 most of the time, but will also have a pump gas 93 tune as well.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
polishing looks great- damn sure better than what I did myself in my garage. did you do yours or have it done? seeing your setup makes me wanna switch my f1a to the new F1x- ****!

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
btw- I just wrapped my kooks headers with the new DEI titanium wrap and holy shit what a difference in under hood temps. I could seriously touch the headers if I could get my bear hands in there-lol. you may wanna check it out. renegade bracket setups FTW

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Damn, nice setup man! Sounds like this motor and the one in your drag car are built properly... so jealous lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread