Procharger f1a ?

ORNGVENM

Established Member
Can anyone tell me about the procharger f1a cog race. Its one of my choices when I start the build of the motor. I have never heard one in real life, only on youtube. People say its loud, but that dont matter to me. I really dont want turbos, right now my choices are the kb 2.8lc mamoth or the f1a. does anyone have a f1a, and what do they sound like in real life. I've got a 04 co cobra that Im working on. Any help please ? THANKS

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
I have a F1A but I have to fix a bearing in it. But I have hear mine and yes it's loud. I don't have a cog setup yet but I will. Just pm 03zincyellowsvt he has a cog F1A on his Cobra. what ever you do you have to decide before you build your engine because you want more compression for a F1A and about the same compression you have now if you go with a 2.8 KB.

ORNGVENM

Established Member
I have a F1A but I have to fix a bearing in it. But I have hear mine and yes it's loud. I don't have a cog setup yet but I will. Just pm 03zincyellowsvt he has a cog F1A on his Cobra. what ever you do you have to decide before you build your engine because you want more compression for a F1A and about the same compression you have now if you go with a 2.8 KB.
Thanks for the info, Please keep them coming!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i have a centri and love it however its different stokes for different folks i think we need to know more about your setup and what its going to be used for

ORNGVENM

Established Member
i have a centri and love it however its different stokes for different folks i think we need to know more about your setup and what its going to be used for
The setup right now is pretty much stock , but will do whatever it takes to make it work for the f1a cog race. Just wanted something different. I dont see to many with the f1a on them.But is there a reason why you dont see that many?

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
The setup right now is pretty much stock , but will do whatever it takes to make it work for the f1a cog race. Just wanted something different. I dont see to many with the f1a on them.But is there a reason why you dont see that many?

I think it's because Cobra come with 8:5.1 compression and it makes for a dog down low with a centri. And when you have a eaton or a KB they have a lot of TQ down low. But since you are building your engine you can up the compression and get some gears and you won't have any problems down low and pull hard all the way past 7000 rpms.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
there are a couple reasons
1st (major reason) its easier to bolt on a twin screw
2nd centri blowers work better with 9.5:1 - 10:1 compressions

IMO with technology all three different type of power adders are all pretty much in the same ball park...you can achieve whatever you want with all three of them so its just a matter of what you want and setting it up for success. However the twin screw will be the easiest to setup since its how your car came.

With that said i love my YSI Cobra....i love the attitude it has whistling at idle...love my top end pull....wouldnt change it for the world....JK yes i would i want heads and cams

ORNGVENM

Established Member
Thanks for "EVERYONES" help! Im starting to see the light of day now. Every opinion helps me alot. My options are still up in the air for which way I would like to go. My first choice about forced induction at the begining was the KB 2.8 lc mamoth, but I want evryones opinions about the f1a. I know for sure that I will be getting the heads worked on, and im getting comp stage 3 cams+retainers for sure. Dont know if I should mess with the bottom end or not?

04spinbra

Established Member
I know you said F1A but here is a F1C. I don't know if it is a cog!:shrug:

[youtube_browser]55Z_A2Az1LA[/youtube_browser]

Blackedout

Established Member
Just picked up F1 cogg... I'm going to be going 4r70... It will be my winter project...

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rWkiFFOOw4"]YouTube - PROCHARGER F1A COBRA DYNO TEST 2 841.5rwhp/840rwtq[/nomedia]

/thread

I think I'm going with a F2M myself.

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Here is a video of a Mach 1 with a F1C
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78WMbeHPm-s"]YouTube - Low 10-Sec Mach 1 on the Street[/nomedia]

And Chris I would like to know more about the setup that you are thinking about doing. I saw you post about F1R and GT heads. I saw in that post that dan told you about the F2M. If you do go with that blower I would like to know how you like it and your numbers. Because if I don't get the number that I want when I build my engine and get my F1A fix I might want to step up to a bigger blower like the F2M.

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I'll definitely be chiming in with numbers and time slips when the build is complete.

These F series blowers are definitely serious business. :banana:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
i love my F1A it sounds nasty cruising and get wtf looks constantly lol, but i love how it drives too aside from the noise it still drives like stock . im still running my stock motor as well but just picked up a teksid block to build.

plans for next year are 4.10s, new clutch, built trans, and long tubes

ORNGVENM

Established Member
i love my F1A it sounds nasty cruising and get wtf looks constantly lol, but i love how it drives too aside from the noise it still drives like stock . im still running my stock motor as well but just picked up a teksid block to build.

plans for next year are 4.10s, new clutch, built trans, and long tubes
Man, I wish I could hear it in person. Sounds like a mean car. Just curious, if your cruzin down the road, say 65mph, can you still hear it, or does it calm down any. I myself dont mind the noise, I just want to know what to expect. Hopefully soon, I will hear one. Mabey at mustang week next year.

Users who are viewing this thread