Procharger D1 Kit- Whats a fair price?

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Friend of mine has a Procharger D1 kit for sale...

He's offering me two different options-

#1- $1800
D1 Head Unit w/ intercooler

-or-

#2- $4200

D1 Head Unit w/ intercooler- Full piping, bypass valve, all brackets, fuel pump, injectors, SCT Tuner-The works

I like the idea of #2 because its a complete kit. I wouldn't need anything additional, its like a turnkey package. $4200 is a bit steep right now though. Option #1 would give me time to save up for the rest.

What do you guys think?

Is the D1 a good kit? I plan on keeping it at 7-8psi with the stock motor for awhile, what can I expect to make?

Last edited:

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
$4200 might be a little high, but not drastically. I would say that is a reasonable price considering it includes pumps, injectors, and tuner.

With a D1, you might have trouble getting 7-8psi. If you put a 4.15 pulley on there you might be able to hit 8, but probably more like 9-10psi.

What pulley is on it now?

On the stock mach engine you should see anywhere around 400-460rwhp depending on your tune.

03OxWhiteMach

Lexi Belle=1 Sexy Clown
Established Member
Thanks for the input...

Do you think a D1 is a bit much for a completely stock motor? I thought it would be a good head unit to grow into. Keep the PSI low for the time being and when Im ready to build the motor crank it up...

Is $1800 for the head unit and the intercooler a steal or what? I thought it was pretty good.. Right now im considering just picking up that and saving up for the rest.

fastbacon

Banned
Thanks for the input...

Do you think a D1 is a bit much for a completely stock motor? I thought it would be a good head unit to grow into. Keep the PSI low for the time being and when Im ready to build the motor crank it up...

Is $1800 for the head unit and the intercooler a steal or what? I thought it was pretty good.. Right now im considering just picking up that and saving up for the rest.

buy the head unit and intercooler........all the piping is only 1k through procharger...!!!!(unless the head unit is junk......)lol keep it at 8psi......buy used injectors to save, a mafia, 1 svt focus pump....(maybe even a kb bap to be safe)....and a sct flip chip....these parts will all save you money......if you spend very smart you could be make 430-450rwhp safely for 3500.0000

Last edited:

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Thanks for the input...

Yea $1800 is a good deal. It will be fine on the stock motor and give you room to grow.

Users who are viewing this thread