Procharger Cooling Fan

imeyers302

Established Member
I ordered a Procharger Stage 2 kit the other day and want to eliminate the loud fan from the kit before I even install it. Has anyone changed their fan to a quieter one. I think a few people have gone to the Flex-a-Lite 118 fan which is much quieter and has a higher cfm rating. Just wanna make sure I am ordering the right one.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-118?ibanner=MobileSwitchNo

bunits19714

Established Member
I have a stage 2 as well (march of 16') and the fan is a pretty nice unit- my factory one had 2 ball bearings outside their race so I wonder how long it was going to last(only 6000 miles then ) You wont hear the fan inside the car- only outside and in front of it- the blower isn't no silent bob so you wont hear no fan over the supercharger anyways. I would install the cooler thermostat before bolting on the head unit while the coolant is partially drained, also I would use a GM 2 wire weather pack connector instead of rigging like the instructions suggest- better seal and easier to remove if you have to take fan out. Which head unit did you go with? and good luck with your install.

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
Under the advice of beef and procharger for my goals, I went with the P1. Won't be going over 650whp. Did the tuner kit with id1000s, vmp bap, and lund remote tuning.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
The install is pretty straight forward- just take time to read the instructions, and then re read them. And your lying to yourself if you think you wont WANT more than 650rwhp, It may not be in the budget or practical for what you use the car for but you will want more eventually.

imeyers302

Established Member
The install is pretty straight forward- just take time to read the instructions, and then re read them. And your lying to yourself if you think you wont WANT more than 650rwhp, It may not be in the budget or practical for what you use the car for but you will want more eventually.

The problem with even 650 is I will never be willing to put drag radials on. Handling is number one priority for me over ultimate power. Not willing to compromise that in order to run a setup that will allow me to put down 650+. Even 600 is pushing it for what I am looking to do. Basically would rather have a well balanced 550-600whp road racer than an 850hp straight line car. Not that there's anything wrong with an 850hp car with drag radials.

I have already read the directions cover to cover three times and probably will read it one or two more before install.

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
The two common myths with the Procharger Stage 2 are the fan is loud, which if you bought the kit recently it is not, and that the underhood temps are high. I watch my IATs post intercooler and they are the same or lower than ambient 99% of the time.

I will say, once I went to a Procharger, my car has a ton of power, to the point I can't imagine not running a drag radial on the street. Are you an M6 car or a A6? Maybe the A6 is just less predictable...

imeyers302

Established Member
the two common myths with the procharger stage 2 are the fan is loud, which if you bought the kit recently it is not, and that the underhood temps are high. I watch my iats post intercooler and they are the same or lower than ambient 99% of the time.

I will say, once i went to a procharger, my car has a ton of power, to the point i can't imagine not running a drag radial on the street. Are you an m6 car or a a6? Maybe the a6 is just less predictable...

m6. You running a catch can with your setup? Want to see if I can make my bobs can work on the driverstreet side with the procharger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread