Procharger coming...

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I bought a procharger from the market section today. Kind of a spur of the moment thing. I'm so exicted I can't stop thinking about it. :banana: :dancenana: :banana:

SANY1316.gif

SANY1334.gif

It's an 01 cobra kit so I will have to get the brackets and stuff for my car. I don't think i can put it on until after I build my motor, but this will motivate me to do it! I guess this is kind of my celebration for my new job with Microsoft.

For the built motor I plan on getting the internals from the street mod 900 kit which I can get for $1,800, then I'll find a block and build it in my garage. I am making some short runners and IMRC deletes to put on my car and sell to help pay for all this and some will go on my car so it will just be one big power jump. I can't wait, I just had to share! :burnout:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Congrats!

It's funny you say that this is in celebration of a new job. I'll hopefully be able to say the same thing soon. I finish out this semester, graduate in December and in January I start back working IT at one of the nation's largest insurance companies. If I don't get too swamped down in purchasing this home I'm looking at, and furniture, I have every intention of purchasing a blower.

albino96

Established Member
Congrats!

It's funny you say that this is in celebration of a new job. I'll hopefully be able to say the same thing soon. I finish out this semester, graduate in December and in January I start back working IT at one of the nation's largest insurance companies. If I don't get too swamped down in purchasing this home I'm looking at, and furniture, I have every intention of purchasing a blower.

I am going to move into a nicer place for now, but I plan on buying a property after I get my retention bonus over the next two years. I haven't graduated yet though. Houses are expensive here. I am realizing how much it sucks now. I may get stuck buying a condo because it is VERY hard to find a reasonable house that's not hours from my work for under a quarter million.

albino96

Established Member
Is that a D1 or a P1.

Nice pickup man, i love my blower.

It's a P1. Since the motor is gonna get built I will be saving up for a D1 right away probably. How much boost can you run on a P1 btw without overspinning it?

Also, if anyone has wondered, Procharger told me to put an 01 cobra kit on a 96 cobra you need a new bracket and the 2 coolant crossover tubes. Those things are like $400 all together brand new. Anyone got some used ones? lol

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
boost is very addictive man, I origianally wanted to some type of N/A with the car, but after my boy boosted his, I drove it and was instantly hooked on it.

Then he went turbo, so now I am on the rampage to build a block and turbo the shit out of it

albino96

Established Member
It's a P1. Since the motor is gonna get built I will be saving up for a D1 right away probably. How much boost can you run on a P1 btw without overspinning it?

Also, if anyone has wondered, Procharger told me to put an 01 cobra kit on a 96 cobra you need a new bracket and the 2 coolant crossover tubes. Those things are like $400 all together brand new. Anyone got some used ones? lol

Also, what all do I need to buy to put this kit on now? I want to push 15-20lbs (probalby around 17) on a D1sc in the future so I want my mods to be able to handle that if possible.

What:
MAF
Injectors
Fuel pump
????

Add anythign I'm missing. I can search, but I already made this thread so might as well.

Thanks.

SpittingCobra

Established Member

that looks like all the wrong tubing after the MAF. I mean the curved pipe that comes through the fender, and the one that connects to the TB. I know cuz it's the exact tubing I had to replace. I would buy that curved one that goes thru the fender from them, but forget the Procharger plastic one(unless you wanna run your STB) and use a nice metal tube and coupler. Helomech74 did that, it looks awesome. PM him for a pic. Maybe I can find it, he posted it a while back.

Procharger tech told me all kinds of wrong stuff. I ended up spending like and extra $200 with them over the first $450 they said, "that's everything you need."

From the pic, that coolant crossover looks right but it may be off just a little bit. I would test fit it first.

Last edited:

albino96

Established Member
that looks like all the wrong tubing after the MAF. I mean the curved pipe that comes through the fender, and the one that connects to the TB. I know cuz it's the exact tubing I had to replace. I would buy that curved one that goes thru the fender from them, but forget the Procharger plastic one(unless you wanna run your STB) and use a nice metal tube and coupler. Helomech74 did that, it looks awesome. PM him for a pic. Maybe I can find it, he posted it a while back.

Procharger tech told me all kinds of wrong stuff. I ended up spending like and extra $200 with them over the first $450 they said, "that's everything you need."

From the pic, that coolant crossover looks right but it may be off just a little bit. I would test fit it first.

That's what I have been thinking about the intake pipe as well. I don't think it will fit. I guess we'll see. I'm supposed to receive everything next Wednesday.

I may look for those pics later, but if you find them please post up.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member

he mentioned it was from an 01

SpittingCobra

Established Member
he mentioned it was from an 01

Ummm... :dw: He mentioned that, "procharger told him all he needed was a bracket and cooland crossover....."...........................:dw:

Am I missing something?:shrug:

I don't want him to end up like me, with the car on jackstands for 4 weeks cuz nothing fits right!!

Users who are viewing this thread