Procharger belt chirp & belt size questions

konabluekiller

Established Member
Ok... car is a 13 boss with a D1SC on the stock 4.63 pulley... Ran it hard a few passes the other day and thought I started hearing a slight chirp/tick noise coming from the driver side and couldn't tell if it was valve train related or supercharger related. From listening to a few YouTube videos it seems it's probably the Procharger belt. Anyone else had this problem? Doesn't do it at idle but above idle from like 1000 to 4000 on part throttle acceleration. Doesn't do it up high but the loud exhaust and other noise probably drowns it out. The tensioner is adjusted all the way in and the belt felt tight but I think it's still the culprit.

I'm working out of town for two weeks but I want to order belts now. What's the length of the stock belt? Does anyone have the part number for the gatorback belt? Also by chance would you have the length of a belt for the 3.6 pulley? I've Google for 2 hours and can't find shit. Thanks...

BV600

Established Member
I think this is what I got, im looking back through 2 yr old emails right now
Amazon.com: Gates K080660 Multi V-Groove Belt: Automotive
the last 3 numbers are the size 66.0 inches

Edit- That's what I used Procharger originally sent me a 67" inch belt and I couldn't get the notches in the bracket to line up and the 66" belt solved the problem.

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
You had a d1 with 4.63 pulley?

I had a 4.75 pulley the belt should work for both if not step down one size to 65.5" K080655.
When I had the 67" belt that procharger sent me the belt slop between 4.75 and 4.63 was pretty much the same

konabluekiller

Established Member
Cool.... I'll do that. This noise had me worried because I thought it was a valve tapping or something but I'm sure it's the belt now after watching a few vids.

Users who are viewing this thread