procharger and nitrous?

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
i have a plate kit on my car now, looking at getting a procharger and running it with the setup, probaly the stock pulley size and a 50-75shot?.... looking to get some opinions/ advice...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can run a blower but on a stock engine, you will more than max out the bottom end with just the blower

Take a look Paxton specials as well, much cheaper, cooler iats, better intercooler, less crank stress

Beef
513 478 1965

D.T.R

Established Member
i don't see the point on running both power adders on a stock engine.

Either or, can give you more power than your motor can handle... so I personally wouldn't run both.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
My d1 put down 640whp with a 4.62 pulley(10psi). There is no way id spray the car with a stock engine even with only a 50 shot. It would make for one hell of a ride though!

D.T.R

Established Member
^ yep. Runs cooler, you can push more timing, makes more power, and e85 is known for making good torque also.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
we are a procharger dealer, thats why im going to go that rout. thanks for the input i may just take the plate and fuel line off and run a spray bar on the intercooler...

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I've had my Paxton installed and running e85 for about 2 weeks now....just on the fuel swap I gained 60rwhp and torque throughout the power band. That was with a tune that only had 15* timing on E85. I just got a revision today from my tuner and the car feels even stronger.

Anyway if I were in your shoes I'd run e85 because it's a cheaper than FTW and better for you engine like others have said. Here is a dyno comparison of E85 vs 93 done at the same day (95 degrees, Texas weather) only making 7lbs at 6900rpm on conservative tunes. Since then I've had revisions to the E85 tune so I should be making more power with the increased timing.

IMG_20130709_194149_zpsae4eb23e.jpg

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
I've had my Paxton installed and running e85 for about 2 weeks now....just on the fuel swap I gained 60rwhp and torque throughout the power band. That was with a tune that only had 15* timing on E85. I just got a revision today from my tuner and the car feels even stronger.

Anyway if I were in your shoes I'd run e85 because it's a cheaper than FTW and better for you engine like others have said. Here is a dyno comparison of E85 vs 93 done at the same day (95 degrees, Texas weather) only making 7lbs at 6900rpm on conservative tunes. Since then I've had revisions to the E85 tune so I should be making more power with the increased timing.

IMG_20130709_194149_zpsae4eb23e.jpg

i like the e85 and the power it makes ect... the only problem is that the closest place that sells e85 is 45mins away.

Users who are viewing this thread