Procharged wastegate

bunits19714

Established Member
Any one out there running a D1 on their coyote with a waste gate set up? If so what size ? and are you putting it pre maf or after?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Any one out there running a D1 on their coyote with a waste gate set up? If so what size ? and are you putting it pre maf or after?
im running a wastegated d1sc on my GT. The setup consist of a 3.9" pulley, Tial 44mm mvr, and springs at 11.6psi. It has to be piped in before the MAF so your only spot is on the first discharge pipe off of the blower.

Ive since pullied down to a 3.55" pulley which puts the d1sc at max impeller speed. The belt isnt quite keeping up with the task so id say stick to the 3.9" pulley. Keep in mind your IAT's will go up once the blower is spun harder.

bunits19714

Established Member
that is what I thought/ figured - did you move your pov to the passenger side or is there room to have the pov and the wastgate in the same elbow-? thanks for the previous reply and any new info.

bunits19714

Established Member
i was also figuring around the 4" range car sees 11.5+ at 72++ish on the dyno with the filter and tube connected- looking to bring shifts down a bit and bring torque in sooner currently hitting peak torque at near 6300 rpm- i have the biggest intercooler ATI makes for the s-197 and run on a mix of 98-10 octane fuel. May make the jump to e-85 to lower combusting temps. am running the 4.63" pulley now looks like a dam crank pulley.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
that is what I thought/ figured - did you move your pov to the passenger side or is there room to have the pov and the wastgate in the same elbow-? thanks for the previous reply and any new info.

i was also figuring around the 4" range car sees 11.5+ at 72++ish on the dyno with the filter and tube connected- looking to bring shifts down a bit and bring torque in sooner currently hitting peak torque at near 6300 rpm- i have the biggest intercooler ATI makes for the s-197 and run on a mix of 98-10 octane fuel. May make the jump to e-85 to lower combusting temps. am running the 4.63" pulley now looks like a dam crank pulley.

The bov stays in the stock location and wastegate gets mounted on the first hard discharge pipe. My car on 93 and 4.63 making 10.1psi at 7200 made 618whp and 495wtq. I added the wastegate with the 3.9 pulley, meth with no added timing, and springs at 10.1psi made 634whp and 577wtq. Same setup on e85 was 702whp and 657wtq. Upped the springs to 11.6psi and stepped pulley down to the 3.55...id imagine 740whp and 700wtq now. Also, its going to lay a rod into the engine diaper any day now...dont do what i do lol

The race intercooler and high octane surely help. If you have access to e85, id do a fuel system and never look back

bunits19714

Established Member
^^ thanks for the insight- I thought the elbow was the first hard pipe but now I think I remember there is 1 straight length after the rubber elbow coming off the blower- forgot about that one - I installed them together because of lack of access to them- them being the first hard pipe and the elbow off the blower- You run at the track at all or just abuse the streets - your set up has to be pretty stout-.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
^^ thanks for the insight- I thought the elbow was the first hard pipe but now I think I remember there is 1 straight length after the rubber elbow coming off the blower- forgot about that one - I installed them together because of lack of access to them- them being the first hard pipe and the elbow off the blower- You run at the track at all or just abuse the streets - your set up has to be pretty stout-.

So far its been 9.8 at 142mph with a 1.44 60ft. Ive since changed the suspension around a bit and hope for well into the 1.3 60ft range.

rotarymagic

Established Member
When it comes to elevated IATs from pulleying down, have you guys seen or made any custom fab "cold air" intakes to draw from the fender or where the c/s foglight area would be? Have you had any success with the 3.55 pulley yet?

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
When it comes to elevated IATs from pulleying down, have you guys seen or made any custom fab "cold air" intakes to draw from the fender or where the c/s foglight area would be? Have you had any success with the 3.55 pulley yet?

I switched over to a green belt with the 3.55 and the slip went away. It builds 1.5 more psi faster than the 3.90. I didnt bother with changing around the air intake since meth/e85 will cool any setup down.

Redline8k

Established Member
I know people have "made" cold air intakes for these units, I have seen a few photos but are they worth all the trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread