Procharged 96 Cobra vs 99 TA with MS3 cam, who wins!?

corysmach1

Established Member
Given from my own personal experience with nearly the same setup as the T/A, If the Trans am owner can drive the balls off that thing, he should win all day long. Given it should be close, but the edge to the ms3 cammed car.

now that being said, traction and how high the ms3 car is revving out will be the win or lose.

what gears are in the trans am?

He can drive....he revs it to like 6800rpms and it dead hooks from anywhere.

corysmach1

Established Member
stock 342s, and i have mt's 305s...it will hook.

I'm not sure everyones logic here. the cobra has 40 more wheel, same tq, is lighter, and has a better gear. I am betting I will get walked.....

you are lighter by 30 pounds and i may have 20rwhp on you.....dyno numbers are dumb. the mach showed that. Even your cammed car runs real hard and beats or runs with people it shouldnt.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I think the cobra will win by a few cars as well. It's nice to to have one car after another that runs good lol, but i think it's all in the driving imho.:coolman:

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
stock 342s, and i have mt's 305s...it will hook.

I'm not sure everyones logic here. the cobra has 40 more wheel, same tq, is lighter, and has a better gear. I am betting I will get walked.....

6spd right?

you better start off in 1st gear.....revv the shit out of that bitch.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
So you sold a mach 1, a terminator and now have an sn95 cobra? Interesting progression of cars haha.

Should be a good race. On paper the cobra should win.

brians91formula

Established Member
Waiting for the video but I think it will be really close. Could go within 1 - 1.5 cars in either direction.

corysmach1

Established Member
So you sold a mach 1, a terminator and now have an sn95 cobra? Interesting progression of cars haha.

Should be a good race. On paper the cobra should win.

Frustration with the mach caused that sale....money was an issue with the 03 cobra....but I love 96-98 Cobras....on paper from a dig the cobra should win however we are roll racing so we will see.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Frustration with the mach caused that sale....money was an issue with the 03 cobra....but I love 96-98 Cobras....on paper from a dig the cobra should win however we are roll racing so we will see.

Looking forward to the results :) What was the deal with the mach?

Users who are viewing this thread